Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need help locating part.

Does anyone know where to find a front spring mounting bracket for a 351M w/ Motorcraft model 2150 2bbl carb.? The base part # is "9741" in the '79 "Engine" Truck Shop Manual (Page: 24-60-6). I have lost mine and have had no luck locating one. I have not been able to locate one in a junk yard either, seems like when people change their valve cover gaskets they loose it or something to that effect? Does anyone know of a vendor that may sale one; I have already tried Dennis Carpenter and National Parts Depot. Green Sales Co. is no help without the full part # which I do not know. If anyone can be of any help with this I would greatly appreciate it. I have already posted a wanted add in the classified section of the forums.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've got a couple that I don't really want to part with, but if someone can't help you out with a complete part # or parts source, let me know and we may be able to work something out. Another issue is, they're at home, and I couldn't send them to you until I got back home in about a month and a half. I'm really surprised that you can't find one in a junk yard. I know there are a couple postings in the classifieds here where some folks are parting out 73-79 parts. Never really dealt with stock carb stuff, so I dunno where you could what you need, sorry I couldn't be more help. But if you get your back against the wall, lemme know.

Hopefully one will show up in the classifieds. I was surprised as well that I could not locate one in a junk yard. I tried three different ones and every 351M I came across was missing the bracket. One still had the spring hanging there but the bracket was gone? Maybe I'm not the only one who has lost this bracket :) I appreciate your concern, I'm sure I'll come up with one eventually. I will just have to be easy on the throttle when I drive it for now :) Thanks.

Is this the carb spring your talkin about?

The bracket for the front carb. spring. This bracket mounts to the top of the intake up front next to the driver side valve cover.

Is it an L angle type thing? If it is then edelbrock has em along with new springs thats what I bought for my 390.

I'll check out an Edelbrock dealer. Thanks.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
They make universal ones or maybe you can fab something up if you cant locate the part right away

I've got a couple of black ones out in the garage.

May need some time to dig them out though.

I've got a couple of black ones out in the garage.

May need some time to dig them out though.

If you find one, I'll take it. Just let me know how much for the part and shipping. I can use paypal if you prefer. Thanks.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Does anyone know where to find a front spring mounting bracket for a 351M/400 w/ Motorcraft model 2150 2bbl carb.? The base part # is "9741" in the '79 "Engine" Truck Shop Manual (Page: 24-60-6). I have lost mine and have had no luck locating one.
From the 1973/79 & 1980/89 Ford Light Truck Parts Catalogs / 1973/79 Ford Passenger Car Parts Catalog:

D7TZ9741C .. Accelerator to Retracting Spring Bracket-Front / Obsolete.

Fits: 1977/82 F100/350 & 1978/82 Bronco 351M/400.

No Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.
-----------------------------------------------
There's also a rear bracket, same application.

D7TZ9741B.. Accelerator to Retracting Spring Bracket-Rear / Obsolete.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has ONE = 800-543-4959.

MILLER OBSOLETE PARTS in Binghamton NY has TWO = 800-546-7278.

PARTS INTERNATIONAL in Farmers Branch TX has ONE = 888-727-0418.

KINSEL L/M in Beaumont TX has ONE = 800-816-2894.

BOB ALLEN FORD in Overland Park KS has ONE: 800-676-0675.
------------------------------------------------------------
FYI: Green Sales has a help line for looking up obsolete parts. All you need is the description and what it fits: 513-731-3304.

'Course you can ask The Big Dummy, and you won't need to make a phone call. Just type your request here or P/M or email me.

I can search the same internet sites that Green Sales has access to.

The Big Dummy: BKW/NumberDummy = Same-o same-o.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts