Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1960 Crew Cab

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well yeah it's cool, and yes they did make a CC in '60. But obviously the thing has been pieced together....different year body, frame, engine/tranny and axles. I'd stay faaaaaaaaaaaar away from that thing...especially for 3 grand. Unless of course you have plans of making it a restomod. I mean that cab is really rare and is probably worth 3k alone if you got it and decided to part it out.

From a project stand point, i would be buying the cab and using nothing else

If the frame and every thing is is usable then maybe... but my main desire is that cab...

Seeing as how its factory i don't have to worry bout a Bondo special... for the most part

What was the back seats like in those cabs... looks almost as big as the extend portion on my Chevy...

Doesn't look like a "crew cab" as we know it today

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well it definitely is a rarity. I believe there were different window options for them too, ie like 1 rear door window, but that one looks to have windows in both rear doors. Anyways, I'm not the expert on this era, but I would definitely suggest you PMing either user Mil1ion or BKW. They're the guys that will more than likely have the info you're looking for regarding the cab.

nah you have been help enough... i just wanted to know if this was in fact a factory option...

Would deff be a one off peice going down the road

Thanks

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
No worries man...I try to help. To tell you the truth I've always loved the 58-60 body style, and wouldn't mind having that cab myself.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
In my searching for some thing else, i came across this

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1016023894.html

Tempted to go take a look, but it looks REALLY rough. I just want to make sure that this is in fact a factory crew cab.
There is NO such thing as a Ford factory built Crew Cab before 1965.

1965: The first Crew Cab's were built by Crown Coach, the 2nd version was built by Ford.

The difference: Crown's have exposed rear door hinges, different rear door window frames.

Any Ford 3 or 4 door Crew Cab built before 1965 were made by myriad body makers, many of which also built ambulances and hearses.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welp...like I said, I'm no expert...good thing Bill came along. Sorry for such wrong info. And I really thought I had this one too.

There is NO such thing as a Ford factory built Crew Cab before 1965.

1965: The first Crew Cab's were built by Crown Coach, the 2nd version was built by Ford.

The difference: Crown's have exposed rear door hinges, different rear door window frames.

Any Ford 3 or 4 door Crew Cab built before 1965 were made by myriad body makers, many of which also built ambulances and hearses.

Thank you for the info, exactly what i was looking for... if its a conversion, not interested

Thanks

1960 F250 Crew Cab

I have a 1960 F250 Crew Cab that came from the New Mexico Area 51 Air Force Base. Was built in Orrville Ohio at Orrville Metals. It has the U.S. Government plate on the dash and the plate on the rear seat. I also talked to a 82 year old gentleman who worked there when the trucks were built, but he does not have any pictures anymore of the factory.The truck is all together but needs to be restored.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts