Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Email notification

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Real quick dumb question. I have my email notification set to 'immediate,' however over the last week I haven't been getting them immediately. It's usually once every couple of days. At which point I get about 150 notifications. Is there a reason for this? Has anyone else experienced this?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
We've been having some email issues that I *think* I resolved about 90 minutes ago.

Ryan

Hence the 153 notifications I got about 30 mins ago. Thanks for letting me know.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright well since we're on this topic...I have another question. Over the last 2-3 days, when I go to the new post section, it'll bring up the selection, but the newest post I read at least 12 hour earlier. Any reason for this?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Oh cmon Ben you really expect us to believe that people like you enough to PM you? YEAH RIGHT! smilieneenar

Nah I also was noticing that I wasn't getting email notifications too, wondered about that.

And Ben your other question-- you're saying threads are getting bumped to the top of the new posts list but don't actually have any new posts? Cuz I think I know what the problem may be, if that's the case.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And Ben your other question-- you're saying threads are getting bumped to the top of the new posts list but don't actually have any new posts? Cuz I think I know what the problem may be, if that's the case.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. It doesn't happen every time I look at new posts, probably only 15-20% of the time.

Oh...and 'biteme'

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I've noticed that threads with poll's will get bumped to the top of the new posts list when someone responds the poll-- even if they didn't make a reply in the thread. It's kinda cooky like that.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Instead of starting a new thread, I figure I'll ask it here, since it's on the same topic. Is someone playing with the switches and buttons again? Now I get an email notification for every single new post to a thread I subscribe to. It used to be that I'd only get notified for the newest unread post in that thread. And then I'd read that post and any subsequent posts after, and then get notified after I left that thread. Now, if there are 10 new posts in a thread, I get notified for each of the 10 posts. It started happening yesterday afternoon some time.

i've seen that the last few days too

the "new" post will show up, but then when i go there, it'll be from like eariler that day or from yesterday. ...not a poll either

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts