Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Body Work

Does anyone know of a good book or knowledge on how to do body work? I'm new to it but would like to be able to do it all myself. I'm looking to repair anything possibly and prime it myself. Then have someone paint it. It is "OK" to prime it and it sit primed until i'm complete and then have it painted? I've heard that it's really easy for rain/water to get under primer and rust it out if left for any period of time. If so, what is the best way to go about this?

stop by your local body shop supplies store

they have all sorts of tech pages to read about working with the products they sell

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
x2...and I would suggest a good quality set of body tools to make the work easier. It may cost more, but it'll make the work more comfortable and keep you from hating your truck...haha.

I took 3 yrs of collision repair in school. And i dont ever remember fixing one wrecked car. All we did was build street rods. Ill be honest no matter how many books you read or hom many hundreds of dollars you spend on top notch tools its something that you have to get a feel on.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts