Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Diesel Delayed

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Tell you the truth man I highly doubt it will ever make it to any American show room floor.

Hmm, I read something about ford having a V6 diesel from some other division they have or something but I vaguely remember.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Its a little Euro Ford, most of the time I would point and laugh at any thing from Euroland.
But from what I've heard these little guys are really great.

Last I heard the 4.4 could be back. Since Ford has ended their Powerstroke deal with Navistar they will be building their own line of light duty diesels in Mexico. That includes the 4.4L and 6.7L V8s code named Scorpion. Here is an excerpt from an article on automotiveworld.com:

"Following the agreement (with Navistar) Ford will be making and fitting its own 4.4-litre and later, 6.7-litre V8 engines into its F-Series pick-up trucks from 2010. Both of these engines will be sourced from CEP where the latest machining and assembly facilities are being installed. These new engines will replace the 6.4-litre V8 PowerStroke engine from Navistar's Eastside plant in Indianapolis. Tupy in Brazil is earmarked to supply the V8 engine blocks to CEP in both 4.4-litre and 6.7-litre form."

The speculation is that Ford will have to start production of the 6.7L Scorpion sooner than they planned since Navistar is closing their engine plant in Indiana as of July 2009. They are doing that because part of the lawsuit settlement with Ford is that Ford gets out of their Navistar contract early. The lawsuit had to do with warranty issues on the Powerstrokes. If Ford wants to have a diesel for the Super Duty they will have no other choice. Hopefully they will have enough of the current 6.4s on hand until the 6.7L is ready. The jury is still out on the 4.4L V8 Scorpion but at least the end of the Navistar lawsuit means that will no longer be a factor in Ford's decision. The only issue now is whether Ford believes there is a market for a diesel F150. They are planning to put the 3.5L twin-turbo gas V6 in the F150 and the current thinking is that it will do everything a small diesel can do at lower initial and fuel costs.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts