Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Darn Kids Wrecked It

gpz1100

Texas Chapter member
brother in law get a sweetheart deal on a 78 f150 with low mileage. think they had it 2 maybe 3 weeks. rolled it. they weren't hurt thank god. truck will probably be totaled. i didn't even get a chance to see it. i'm trying to get bro to send me pictures.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
:( that sucks....

glad every1's ok....

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
That sucks man

I'l buy whats left

gpz1100

Texas Chapter member
a monster buck ran out in front of them, you know, the one every hunter shoots at but missed.

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Ya know, when the kids started driving, my one word of advice was "don't even bother telling me about the dog that jumped out in the middle of the road causing you to crash. It's been done too many times already- think of something else."

As luck would have it, two dogs did actually jump in front of the car while Jenny was driving... and I was in the passenger seat. :suspicious: Seriously though- the problem with these older Ford PU's and new drivers is that you didn't drive them so much as guide them. Rapid changes in speed and direction were taken grudgingly, and often with bad results. "Handling" was a relative term, as was stopping.

Amazing when you drive a new one and realize how far they've come in this respect.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Yep the older ones had the agility of a tank. Jumping in to a new truck after driving a classic is like hoping in to a sports car.
I still like the older ones as they were a tank.

gpz1100

Texas Chapter member
the folks that bought my old bronco called today. they lost the title. kinda pissed me off they hadn't changed it yet. went to txdot and got a new one and dropped it off to them. seems the 17 year old that the bronco was intended for has been screwing up. his parents caught him out drinking and driving twice. now they want to sell it. at least they caught it early and not with a late nite call from the po po. jeez.

gpz1100

Texas Chapter member
reason we sold it won't change without throwing a butt load of money at it. we'll bide our time and find one suited for our current needs.
...no, they'll figure out what they need to do without my help. who knows, they may keep it...

gpz1100

Texas Chapter member
brother in law called, i'm gonna post an ad in the classifieds here. he want to sell the drive train. something like 40,000 original miles.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
whats the condition of the body? if it aint to bad i could turn it into a trail rig

gpz1100

Texas Chapter member
i'll see if i can get him to send some pictures

Ya know, when the kids started driving, my one word of advice was "don't even bother telling me about the dog that jumped out in the middle of the road causing you to crash. It's been done too many times already- think of something else."

Holy crap.........a dad flashback from 1977. Almost to the word what my dad told me the first time he handed me the keys. Well that and beer!!

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Kids => truck => crash. Yep, I understand that timeline pretty well. Glad no one was hurt.

Hmm... are you implying somethin? I've been drivin this truck for years and never even got a speedin' ticket. Not to say I never been over the speed limit... that 390 hauls at 85mph pretty well with the 3.07 rear... but that's another story.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
My inlaws have a sweet 79 F150 lwb. 302, auto, air 36,000 miles. Owners manual is in the glove box. They refuse to sell it to me. It is blue and white. Good paint. It just needs buffing. If I had it I would turn it into a DD. a new set of tires and shiny wheels, set of shocks, and drive it.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts