Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO spied

2010-Ford-Taurus-SHO.jpg

Jalopnik said:
These exclusive first shots of a SHO-badged dashboard in testing outside an unknown location are the first piece of evidence portending the reawakening of the Ford Taurus SHO with the 2010 Ford Taurus.

We don't have any details besides these shots of a dashboard emblazoned with a SHO trim level moniker. It's safe to guess the new "Super High Output" Taurus will have the same flavor of Ford's wicked Ecoboost technology as that found in its platform-mate, the Lincoln MKS AWD, which would mean the same rumored 350 HP and 350 lb-ft of torque.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO

With the new 2010 Ford Taurus looking as dapper as ever, the return of its hot-rodded performance variant can only be good news. No one at Ford has yet confirmed the existence of a 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, or a 2011 SHO, but these pictures don't leave much to the imagination. A look at these exclusive photos here on Jalopnik show the SHO badge emblazoning a SYNC-enabled Taurus prototype dash. Compared to the regular Taurus seen in these interior spy shots, the dash appears to have a carbon fiber-esque look to it around the gauge cluster and above the airbag.

Don't expect it to arrive at January's Detroit Auto Show, where the non-SHO model will debut. Instead, the Chicago Auto Show or New York Auto Show seem like a safer bet.

In the meantime, feast your eyes on these first bits of credible proof of a new generation of SHOwy goodness.

http://jalopnik.com/5118591/the-ford-taurus-sho-is-back?skyline=true&s=x

Thats awesome news, 2010 Taurus with 350HP? :rofl:

What would you guys think about the same powertrain in an F150? Would you rather have a 350Hp 5.4L (or perhaps Ford increases it to 5.8L) V8, or a 350HP V6 that gets 30MPG?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
What would you guys think about the same powertrain in an F150? Would you rather have a 350Hp 5.4L (or perhaps Ford increases it to 5.8L) V8, or a 350HP V6 that gets 30MPG?

Hmm...
In a F150 i'd take the v6 that gets 30mpg and 350 I'd take it in a heart beat :)

X2 the 6.

10cl

Well, with these results, hopefully Ford sells a crapload in 2010 when the EcoBoost option is released. I wouldnt mind that, they are very handsome trucks.

2010 F150 XLT Lariat
Supercab
Flareside
350HP V6 (30MPG) (that or the 6.2L V8, but that will be expensive)
4x4

That sounds like a dream truck right about now. :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Conner you have to take the TORQUE numbers into account when it comes to pickup trucks. Full size trucks are meant for pulling/hauling and horsepower don't matter nearly as much as torque. Most crapbox sedans now put out 300+ hp even in the lowest engine package-- but can you imagine pulling a boat with the powerplant under the hood of a Nissan Sentra? Negative.

My engine only puts out 210hp in the factory form-- yet it's much more capable of pulling weight than a small sedan.

Not to say that a V6 can't pull weight, if designed correctly. The straight 6 in your dad's truck pulls great. But choosing between the V6 and V8 would depend heavily on torque numbers, not just horsepower.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well thats true Chris but what about people who's truck will never see a trailer?
And the only real work it will be doing is hauling some junk from the store..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well thats true Chris but what about people who's truck will never see a trailer?
And the only real work it will be doing is hauling some junk from the store..
I have a hard time believing that Ford would sell very many trucks that are OFFICIALLY advertised as "grocery getters." The idea sounds pretty nice for someone who will never tow anything but every guy has a certain amount of pride, and they gotta have the truck that CAN pull the weight, even if it never will get the chance :rofl2:

The V6 delivers 350lb/ft of torque which is more than any of the Pushrod engines, and the 4.6L V8. The 5.4L has 30 less horsepower, but 30 more lb/ft or torque. Interesting. Ford claims that the Ecoboost can go up to 420HP and 400lb/ft of torque, but I doubt that we will see that. Maybe its time for a new SVO turbo Mustang?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts