Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 99 F-150 Sound system.....

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Well, since some of you know i'm a sound oriented kinda guy, here goes the list of what my truck will be getting for it's christmas present....
It's a 99 F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed, 4.6L V-8.
Now we know what i'm working on.
Head unit that came in the truck was a low end JVC, i hate it.
So, ordered is a Pioneer DEH-P7900BT to control things. Nice head unit, better then what i have.
Sub box for under rear seat for dual 10 in subs is on it's way.
Now whats going in the Box????
Pioneer 10 inch subs, driven by a 1,000 watt Kenwood Amp.
Speakers, well, i'll investigate if the prvious owner installed any or not, if not, that will be in the future.
I'll provide pictures of the sound system project so others can see it.
Also the normal new wiring etc but that's normal on a upgrade. Keep posted for pictures.
The subs and amp are already in my posession YelloThumbUp

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Sounds cool man...

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Thanks bro.
Update today was the sub box showed up, so after some polyfil and a lil modification for the connections on the wire, it was assembled. The spacers are made of wood which are by the amp in the pictures but they aren't covered when you get the box, but i work at a car interior shop so a quick cover on them was easy with spares laying around the house. Just thought i'd keep it updated.
122408_212000.jpg

122408_212001.jpg

122408_212100.jpg

122408_212101.jpg

122408_212102.jpg

122408_212102.jpg

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
anything inside the box to limit in-box resonating? Just some kind of sound dampener...

Ryan

Used polyfill, used on other boxes i've made and has work quite well and suggested by a lot of sound guys. Not only does it help with sound dampening but also tricks the subs to think they're in a bigger box, best of both worlds. I would have taken pictures but it's a generic enough that i didn't feel i should. Head unit should be here friday and than the rest of the wiring should go in with ease, just debating where to run the main power line, as well as where to mount my amp. Don't want a show it off let it get stolen set up so it has to be concealed yet air has to find it. Anyone have ideas? I'm leaving hte jack/wrench under the front passenger seat.

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You said you have a rear seat which tells me it's an extended cab. I never know where to put stuff in trucks with bigger cabs. My pickup is standard so when I roll the windows down the air whips right around the corner back behind the seat right onto my amp. Under your back seat you'd see virtually no circulation. Maybe you could run a 12v fan if you mounted it under the front seat? You can use one out of an old computer.

Ryan

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Yeah, it's the supercab or extended cab, which ever way you wanna say it. Putting the box in will be a peace of cake but takes up all the space underneath the rear seat. Behind the rear backrest would be no air circulation which i don't wanna buy another amp. I'm guessing it's narrowed down to under the front drivers side seat. I've looked around at other set ups but haven't seen much. Other dilemma is it's hella cold outside and i didn't feel like searching for a way to route the power cable tonight. When the head unit comes inside so does the wiring harness and old aftermarket unit, and the harness to plug n play. I hate when i loose feeling in my hands.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I don't know how easy it is in your generation of pickup but on mine it was very easy to run it in through the door panel and under the carpet to be exposed wherever you deem necessary.

Ryan

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Sweet man, I that the one you told me about over the phone :D
Thats a good looking set up.

Thanks bro. The box is one i bought this time versus building, i didn't feel like freezing outside drawing up plans and building it after the new year. The subs and amp are from my previous systems and the one i told you about, they have the nicks and scratches but everything gets a little abuse every now and then. I'm just waiting on the head unit and harness to wire that part in as well as after Christmas to get more wire so i can actually bolt the box in. Think i'll bundle up and see if the amp stays under the power seat or not.
d504_1.jpg

That's the head unit that should be here friday.

Last edited:

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
Well, i could take some pictures of the installation, the power wire went across through the ford plastic where they run their harness, if anyone wants a picture of one of the easiest routes into the cab, i can take pictures but there was a plug right near the steering shaft so i drilled a hole and put the cable through there and reinstalled the plug. If anyone wants pictures or what not, feel free to ask. I still need to build a thing to hide my amp when not in use.
011309_124400.jpg

011309_124304.jpg

011309_124303.jpg

011309_124302.jpg

011309_124301.jpg

011309_124300.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Is that a Q-Logic Box?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have a single 8" sub and amp, I made a custom box for but I want the floor space back.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts