Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0L - VGT - Turbo Vanes - "Good, Bad & Ugly"

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Below is a picture I had in an old file from the internet.

It shows what the VGT vanes of the 6.0L turbo look like when in good condition and "not so good" condition. The picture on the far right is from a poor air-intake system which is allowing dirt & dust to get through (probably not an OEM/Donnalson system I would suspect).

Hope this helps for those that wonder what "dusting" means when it is referred to in a post and the effects a poor air filter can do to one's turbo.

Attachments

• Turbo Vanes - What To Look For.jpg

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Good post Jeff!!!! Bottom line, stay away from filters like K&N!!!!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I have 18,000 and no issues with that so far, but I know it's way early. Besides, within the month mine won't have the stickin' VGT anymore. :) Gettin' a Stage III from Elite Diesel. Hopefully, this will also cure my 2K+ EGT's as well. Can you believe the stock turbo is still holding even under those temps?? :) Nutin' like bein' a Guinea Pig is there. ROFL

not to mention how important it is to replace those metal clips, even if ya lose em!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Ok so how dissapointed am i gonna be if i get one of them darn sick blows?

There will be no disappointment. Just playing around with what 6Lpwr has in his will probably make you forget all about the 7.3.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Hey wasn't this thread about turbo vanes?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts