Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Time for a new Chapter Leader

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
The Texas Chapter currently has Storm as it's leader. I am not entirely sure what happened to Storm but he has not been active on FTF let alone in the Texas chapter in quite some time. His last time on FTF was: Last Activity: 11-13-2008 06:25 PM

I have tried twice, with no response, in the last several weeks to get a hold of him.

I have checked with the administration and we all agree it is time for the Texas chapter to move on and vote for a new chapter leader.

The role of the chapter leader is pretty simple.
1)help stimulate chapter membership here at FTF. We love to interact as a great big giant group but some things are local regionally or state or maybe even local county.
2)help to organize or attempt to organize meets amongst chapter members. The MO chapter is a good example of this. Can every chapter do this? No. Look at California. We have tried to organize a meet but our state is so big it makes it geographically unfeasible but for a special occasion.
3)mine the boards for new members. The more members a chapter has the more likely it is to actually be able to get some or all of them together to do something.

That's about it. Try and generate traffic in your little slice of heaven.

SO if you are interested in being the Texas Chapter Leader post up here in this thread. If your not interested then that's ok also. After a couple of days maybe a week or so I will compile all those interested and post a poll.

If you have any questions let me or one of the other mods or admins know and we'll get it answered.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Sounds awesome :D

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Storm got a real job. :) His mom and him lost their last job, he found one but his mom has yet to. So, he's currently supporting his mom and sister in their new home. It's a bit rough, so that's why he hasn't been on so much. I'm sure he won't mind too bad if a new leader is chosen as he's been busy to say the least.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
busy and most decidedly out of the country for the last month.

like i said, i won't be voting because i don't think anything is not getting done. that's my option.

if y'all're gonna go through with it shouldn't the people nominate someone not nominate yourself kinda thing?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I understand if you don't want to participate Connie. That is your perogitive.

We are going to stick with the current format where users will express an intrest then they will be voted on. If only one person shows an intrest then that person will win by default.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
the thing is i would be interested because for once i'm not the only one on my side of the state and it could be fun..... but.... since i tend to disappear from the internet at random for lengths of time it would be pointless cuz you'd be voting me out too. *shrug*

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well i'm on all the time, I have a lap top that I take with me most places when when I do start working again I will be able to take it with me in my truck and get online during my breaks and refuels..

So I'd like to have a shot at it...

Last edited:
Glad I am not a chapter leader. :nono:

I too dissapear from the internet for long periods of time.

I got kicked out of being a moderator on a site years ago because I was gone for almost two months with no contact. I was in the hospital at the time (another one of those times I should have died). 'smiliecrazy'

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I know I'm going to regret this, but Tex has got my vote for chapter leader. I probably should have held out and sold my vote.

All five Texas members follow me in a cheer for Tex!

Tex, Tex, He's our man,
If he can't do it no one can!
Hooray Tex!:beer:

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Mike(Tex) brought up an intresting point while we were PMing each other about this issue. He stated that the Chapter leader should print up flyers and hand them out at auto parts stores, etc... My thought was that all members need to make an effort to do the same thing, not just Chapter leaders. Another thing I thought about were "spotter cards" like the other site has, of course ours should be unique to us. If we could get a member that is good with graphics like Polarbear or Chris to design these cards/flyers then great. So what do y'all say, lets try and break a thousand members before next year. Get out there and sell FTF! Damn I make a pretty good Knute Rockne, huh.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts