Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351 Vs 352 questions

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hey guys, I was wondering what is the big difference in the 352? I just got off the phone with a guy who wants to pretty much give me a 352 engine it came out of a galaxy..
Will it pretty much drop in place of my 302 and do they bolt up to c6s OR AODs?
Can you get stroker kits for them?
any info you can give me would be awesome thanks guys :D

Isn't the 352 the old FE Edsel Yblock motor? Yes it would bolt up to a C6/AOD but would be heavier than hell... I dunno, it would be kinda cool .

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
352 is an FE series engine. Same as the 390's and 428's. It won't bolt up. It uses a different bell housing bolt pattern, and as far as I know, no automatic overdrive is made for it.

352 is an FE series engine. Same as the 390's and 428's. It won't bolt up. It uses a different bell housing bolt pattern, and as far as I know, no automatic overdrive is made for it.

Oh really? I didnt know that. Heres what I found:

Wikipedia said:

Introduced in 1958 as part of the Interceptor line of Ford V8 engines, the Ford 352 of 351.9 cu in (5.8 L) actual displacement was the replacement for the Lincoln Y-block. It is a 332 with 3.5 inches (88.90 mm) stroke and a 4 inches (101.60 mm) bore, and was rated from 208 bhp (155.1 kW) with a 2-barrel carburetor to over 300 bhp (223.7 kW) on the 4-barrel models. When these engines were introduced, they were called Interceptor V-8 on the base models and Interceptor Special V-8 on the 4-barrel models [6]. The Interceptor name has caused confusion as many members of the automotive hobby[who?] mistakenly presume that if it says Interceptor it is a Police Interceptor; in fact the Interceptor was the base-performance engine in 1958. For the 1959 model year, the FE engine series was renamed the Thunderbird V-8 and the Thunderbird Special V-8[7]. This series of engines usually weighed over 650 lb (290 kg).[8]

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
A 390 will bolt up to a c-6 that uses the right bell housing pattern. That is the key, finding a tranny with the right pattern.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hmm Thanks allot guys expect Tony i'm mad at you right now and think you should be hit with some thing blunt..
But any ways thanks guys, I think i'll keep hunting for a 351 winne, I've beenn looking for parts for the 352 and I can't hardly find any thing at all..
Doesn't seem that any one makes any stroker kits or even rebuild kits besides I want some thing I can bolt up to a Aod :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts