Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Great state of texas....

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Just figured we could share some random texas jokes, facts, places to eat favorite places to visit... so forth and so on, mostly information that other FTF people might find interesting or might like to know.

Suggestions....
Favorite resturants
Certain "tips" for different cities. I.E. When not to be where, traffic......
Random texas facts.
Maybe even some texas jokes....
What ever else you might like to add....

Here is a texas fact for yall.

"Houston" was the first word said on the Moon.

Montelango's (sp?)
In lubbock, off of clovis highway west of university (between university and the loop)
Its a mexican food joint, pretty good, not very expensive at all.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Oh ya Montechongo I love their breakfast burritos! hey your from lubbock :) cool! outta meet up some time.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea its my only truck. I had a 69, but i was robbed of her... :(

Its really an on going project, getting a d60 front axle, 5.13 gears, the windsor is getting a couple of snails and a couple of stages of giggly gas.... will run 44's and somewhere around 14" of lift.
Im amassing parts right now getting ready to do the majority of it at once...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
My truck is my baby, i dont let ANYBODY work on her.
When i blew the motor last year, i parked it in my uncles car port and pulled the motor stripped it down and had the block checked over, i ended up getting a short block for it then put it all back together my self.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I need some Engine work done but I don't really know how to do it i've never done a cam job before and kinda scared I'll blow some thing up.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
mustang shop in town. Rob is a guy that works there, they build alot of drag cars, do alot of tuning and what not....
Rob is a good guy he will take care of you.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
There's a mustang shop in Lubbock! i'll be damned i've never seen it. I wonder how much they would change to do a cam job for me.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
bryan's steak house on 50th just inside the interstate - cheap prices and good food.

sextons automotive on west 19th - that man is one of the only people in town that doesn't talk down to me cuz i'm a chick and he's good. he's proud of his work and it can show in his pricing but he's the only guy in town that still has the machines to do king pins w/o sending it off.

daves need for speed has half price thursdays when he's open and last season it was either #11 or #4 that sucked, can't remember which so just avoid them both... lol

Ford Truck Articles