Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This old truck

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Here's my old truck. She once proudly trucked the highways in search of car shows, and such. Now she's parked away, and covered in snow. As strangers come kicking her tires and making unreasonable offers for her. She'll stay upon my ownership when my terms are meet. She'll lye burried under the snow in regards to the next summer's car shows. She'll lie as cold as any other Canadian steel.

DSCF0524.jpg

f.jpg

Tyl

tylstruck

Problem is that I wouldn't allow my truck to be driven in or near a pig pen. My apologies, Tony, I'll be sending you a post card from time to time.

Tyl

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Dang! You hateful canuk! LMAO!

It would be a perfect toy hauler though.

tylstruck

Yes, it has served it purpose. Like Carl, said, a scooter hauler. My intention with the truck is as it is. I had a 4,500 lbs whinch, which my uncle bought for 1/3 the price I paid. I wanted to buy alum. heavy duty ramps to be able to winch a car on the bed and tow another via the tow bar. My tow bar was used pretty much and I only needed that via a 5,000 pound hitch.

I found a cd containing a series of pics I took when Dad drove the truck in the woods to haul the blue '78 one ton home. I'll post the pics if interested.

Tyl

Yes, it has served it purpose. Like Carl, said, a scooter hauler. My intention with the truck is as it is. I had a 4,500 lbs whinch, which my uncle bought for 1/3 the price I paid. I wanted to buy alum. heavy duty ramps to be able to winch a car on the bed and tow another via the tow bar. My tow bar was used pretty much and I only needed that via a 5,000 pound hitch.

I found a cd containing a series of pics I took when Dad drove the truck in the woods to haul the blue '78 one ton home. I'll post the pics if interested.

Tyl

Yeah, that would be really cool. :)

Nice truck Tyl, that looks pretty awesome. YelloThumbUp

tylstruck

Hi Conner, a big 10-4 roger on your transition/request. I will be posting the pics tonight in a seperate thread. I will call it; 'Day of the trucks'.

Tyl

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
That would make a badass Rig hauler for my Ford off road toy that I am going to build, are you selling it Tyl

tylstruck

I hear a lot of dreamers..., but no actual wallets opening...

Yea, truck is for sale. Will take $2,500. Drive her home. Too big for me in the city. Everyone is terrified of driving a standard 4.

Tyl

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
well I wasn't dreaming Tyl, just asking, it has always seemed like you had a lot of love for that old truck and I just couldn't imagine you letting it go, I have too much going on and not enough money to even think about buying anything else, I was just saying what I could see it being used for, espeacially by me if I had it, good luck to you, I hope you get something more suited to you, a small 73-79 4x4 perhaps, living where it snows and all

tylstruck

A few monts ago, I bought an '80 Flaresider. More convenient to drive in the city. 302, auto trans, pb and ps.

As I was explaining to Joe last night. I don't drive and have a valid license to. As a boy, and through my teen yrs, I already had figured my life, nI was to become a truck driver.

That dream turned south quickly, when I was told I had Friedreich's Ataxia. A sloowly prtogressive deteriation of the nerve and muscles. The same day, I was told not to think I could drive.

I'm not going to kid or lie to you, thhat was a huge swallow to my pride, and will forever be. However, you keep peddling with what you have.

My trucks, you'll never take that away from me. It's who I am. I do know somewhere down the line, I'll be soo progressed I won't be able to transfer into what ever Ford I have then, nor be able to type here. That's something I truly don't wanna think about, but I know.

Until then, I remain forever yours, me with my trucks, and I'll just keep on truckin'.

DSCF0406.jpg

n533205122_4608228_4099.jpg

Tyl

A few monts ago, I bought an '80 Flaresider. More convenient to drive in the city. 302, auto trans, pb and ps.

As I was explaining to Joe last night. I don't drive and have a valid license to. As a boy, and through my teen yrs, I already had figured my life, nI was to become a truck driver.

That dream turned south quickly, when I was told I had Friedreich's Ataxia. A sloowly prtogressive deteriation of the nerve and muscles. The same day, I was told not to think I could drive.

I'm not going to kid or lie to you, thhat was a huge swallow to my pride, and will forever be. However, you keep peddling with what you have.

My trucks, you'll never take that away from me. It's who I am. I do know somewhere down the line, I'll be soo progressed I won't be able to transfer into what ever Ford I have then, nor be able to type here. That's something I truly don't wanna think about, but I know.

Until then, I remain forever yours, me with my trucks, and I'll just keep on truckin'.

Tyl

Wow man, I have read your story before, and it tugs my heartstrings everytime. I always hate to hear about bad things happening to really great people. It really makes me sad. :(

tylstruck

Many thanks, but no worries, Conner. I was born a ramblin' man.

Bridgestone tires once had this awsome ad. 'Your A and B points, don't matter. It's the journey to and from, that counts. Sometimes, the road/life throws you a curve. It's how you handle it that matters.'

It killed me not to be able to pursue my dream. (I wasn't asking for much, nothing unrealistic, just wanted to drive truck.) However, there's no use crying over spilt milk. Beleive me, I tried.

I'm just flapping in the wind. Seeing what tomorrow brings me.

Tyl

Many thanks, but no worries, Conner. I was born a ramblin' man.

Bridgestone tires once had this awsome ad. 'Your A and B points, don't matter. It's the journey to and from, that counts. Sometimes, the road/life throws you a curve. It's how you handle it that matters.'

It killed me not to be able to pursue my dream. (I wasn't asking for much, nothing unrealistic, just wanted to drive truck.) However, there's no use crying over spilt milk. Beleive me, I tried.

I'm just flapping in the wind. Seeing what tomorrow brings me.

Tyl

I think it is great Tyler that you have accepted things for how they are, and tried not to let it stop you from pursuing your dreams. I had never heard that Bridgestone phrase before, but it really applies well to anyone's life. Your spirit is very admirable Tyler, and it is one that is rare to find, especially nowadays.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts