Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Transfer case....blew up?

So I just bought this 1970 f100 and the guy i bought it from put a 1978 transmission in it. The transfer case basically fell apart on the guy and I have to replace it. Would a np 205 transfer case work on it regardless if its from a ford or a chevy as long as it's 1978? Or are there any upgrades? any info would be great....

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
A Ford 205 pretty much is as upgraded as you can get it. It already is 31 spline in and out. GMs you get 10 spline garbage, and there is like 4 different varirations. Essentially, put back on what you have, you will be fine. Just make sure you do not confuse a 205 with a 203, they look somewhat similar, but the 203 has a range box bolted to the front of it.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
A Ford 205 pretty much is as upgraded as you can get it. It already is 31 spline in and out. GMs you get 10 spline garbage, and there is like 4 different varirations.

Or the fact that they wont bolt up and have a pass side drop. smilieFordlogo

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
check craigslist, put wanted ads out there, check the junkyards, you should not have and issue finding one, but first you have to look

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts