Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2--1956 ford fire trucks. (several pics)

I thought this was cool. There is a tourist trap down near Conway, AR that is called "Pickles Gap Village". No clue where they got the stupid name, but...they have two 1956 Ford fire trucks parked there.

No...other than taking the pics..I have never been in this place.

One looks like it is bad shape, but the second one looks pretty good. I was told it was in service until a few years ago.

The rougher one first:

Picture184.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Picture186.jpg

Now the better looking of the two:

Picture187.jpg

Picture188.jpg

Picture189.jpg

Picture190.jpg

I wish somone had been around there to ask, but I didn't open the doors or the hoods. Maybe I will go by there when they are open sometime.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
you should see this place in i think its claremore. They have a bunch of old ford firetrucks sitting outside. I might stop by on the way back.

On to split rims...ughhh hate em hate em hate em, i did way to many of them.

But those arnt JUST split rims there also a (i cant think of the name) but theres no actual lugs or a pattern. You have a nut that goes onto a spindles and these little clips that can move an inch or to two to clip on to the raised edg ont he wheel. I hate the f-ers so time consuming to get them on straight.

Basically you set a socket on the ground and spin the wheel which ever part of the hweel dips or moves out excessively tighten that lug or loosen it to straighten the hweel.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Cool trucks . They still sell the spokes on some trucks . They r easy .

I found a school bus being used as a camp that looks just like that . Only about
24 ft long .

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I want to catch the place open sometime in the day. I will see if they will let me open the cab and hood and take more pics.

They should be careful though...I already see parts that would fit mine.

Anyone notice the factory tach (drivers side of steering wheel) in the first one? Those are rather rare!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts