Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Push bar or not???

Push Bar or Not

• Push Bar with off road lights

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Leave it as is

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was thinking about putting a push bar with off road lights on my truck. I think it looks sweet. But Mike was talking me out of it cause it will get rid of my tow hooks in case I ever get stuck. Which I dont plan on getting stuck but anyways. What do you guys think. I was bored and photoshoped this. I think it looks sweet.
foglights.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Goe with one like I have.....then you can keep the hooks!

what kind is that? Its a tough decision cause i like the way that one looks just not getting rid of tow hooks. Maybe I can have the guys in the metal shop where I work weld something up were it will have my tow hooks off set maybe. Like make a steel plate that goes to the inside and mount my tow hooks on that but I dont know how that would hold up

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I think it looks better without it, but I have never liked them things. I would rather have a brush guard that covers the gill, lights, etc.

just my $.02 worth

Michigan
hahaha nice job with the photoshop man!

I love the looks of your truck with that bar and lights! I say go for it!

I was saying that front tow hooks would be nice. But not always needed, just screwed if no one can pull you out from the front.

I gotta find a place to mount some tow hooks on the frame of my truck.......

Michigan
lil_dq does your lights bounce around with your bar? Mine bounce like crazy since they are bolted to the bumper and not the frame.. I hate that

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Mine never did till the rivits that hold them to the mounting bracket stated to come loose, so I took some JB weld and put it around them on the inside and badabing no vibes!!!

Oh and F150 I made mine...I could make you one if you like.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
We need to see a big pic of yours. Id make it so the hooks bolt thright the push bar, that or make it so the bar can hold up to being pulled. I think you can fig something out. Heres the one on my bronk, Dukes of Hazzard style.

I got lights for it, but not hooked up yet.
IMG_0219.jpg

Oh yea, i pulled the bronk home by that push bar lol.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
That is what mine is based off of...for the 02 style.

I would not want to lose the tow hooks. They are useful for pulling out stuck chebies.

Can the "push bars" even be used for pushing vehicles or small trees? They appear more for looks than anything. Build your own real push bar that allows you to keep the tow hooks.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Here are 2 light bars that I have. I got the Dick Cepek one for 10 bucks with all the lights, granted I had to cut them all off, sand em down, paint, and rewire everything. Anyway the 2nd one is Carr King of the Mountain, paid a bit more for that one. So heres the pics.
Dick Cepek Bar
LightBar1.jpg

LightBar2.jpg

1995FordF350RightSideView.jpg

Carr Bar
IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

Now these are all for drip rail trucks but this will give ya an idea.

Well I really like the looks of the chrome one in my pic. But no I dont think you can push stuff with them. I think they are more for looks but I dont know never really read the specs on them. Im going to look at the truck and see if there is a way I can make something that will allow me to still use tow hooks or maybe even add them to the push bar if it is strong enough. I will have to look under neath the truck before I buy one to see what my options are. I guess if I have to get rid of them I will cause I really like the looks of it. If I have to pull someone out I will pull them out with my tow hitch.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts