Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

why some folks dont update IDS

blacksnapon

Staff member
Say you have a job that pays .7 for a reprogram, and your IDS needs updated before you can reprogram a pcm. Its usually an hour and a half to update (if theres no problems). Plus my subscription was expired for my vcm ($350)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Say you have a job that pays .7 for a reprogram, and your IDS needs updated before you can reprogram a pcm. Its usually an hour and a half to update (if theres no problems). Plus my subscription was expired for my vcm ($350)

My dealer's computer updates automatically I was told and when they connect to my truck it wirelessly looks for any new updates (or so I thought).

I use Shawnee Mission Ford in Shawnee, KS (Kansas City) and have never had my diesel tech even hesitate or question not having the newest update in his laptop.

Guess I am lucky.....

blacksnapon

Staff member
My dealer's computer updates automatically I was told and when they connect to my truck it wirelessly looks for any new updates (or so I thought).

I use Shawnee Mission Ford in Shawnee, KS (Kansas City) and have never had my diesel tech even hesitate or question not having the newest update in his laptop.

Guess I am lucky.....
Tell them to be careful. I thought mine did as well because there was always prompts that would come up and I would "update it". It didn't. Have them look on the start up on the IDS. It will show what version is installed. I just installed version 58.

Kep4

Jäger
Yet another question I need to ask when they get mine repaired!

But first.... what is IDS?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The IDS will update itself with patches and programing info but you must goto the website and download the lastest version of IDS software when it comes out. When you do this make sure you close the IDS program before installing the new one or it work work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts