Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Lift Gate Applique

I've got a 2002 Explorer XLS and the Applique on the lift gate has split (from top to bottom). I've seen other Explorers on the road that have the same problem (even later models). I've been able to get the inside panel off and look around, but for the life of me, I can't see how to get the Applique off. Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction. I'm afraid to pry too much for fear of breaking the glass. I bought a new Applique and had it painted and I'm ready to go. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

02Explorer

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
is this what you are referring to
zz0eb22ce4dy4.jpg

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hello! oh ok that door I'm very sorry but I don't how to help you with that one. Let me do a little looking in to and i'll get back to ya asap..

I finally got it straight. I went to the Ford dealership and bought the applique. Then I found out that a local glass company would put it on for me. They had to use a razor with a long handle to get the old one off. Then they glued the new one in place and I was on my way.

I've noticed more Explorers on the the road with the same problem - crack applique on the tailgate. Don't you love good Ford parts?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts