Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford SmartGauge LCD Cluster

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Oh thats kick ass I wont one.

I'm the backwards guy here...

I just like old guages, switches, and knobs.

Ryan

You are not the only one! smiliestirthepot

If they want fancy digital gauges in the vehicles they have now...go to the dakota digital website and order them.

Not exactly the same, but a lot different than any stock dash (they have several styles-and a lot of cutom fit ones too):

digita2sf4.jpg

My apologies for the large picture. I am not on my laptop to download it and resize. I will not be able to edit this by the time I get home tonight. :headbang:

Maybe one of the mods will fix it out of the kindness of their hearts.

Last edited by a moderator:

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i dont like it. sorry.

Just think 5-10 years down the line when your having electrical problems etc. And that guage with the fancy computer link to it,f-ups. Then what are you going to do that would be a $$ fix.

Ill stick my analog and fuses. Althought mines not quite analog. The face is but its all eltric from there. Now hy did they put electric odometers on the 9th gens and the old style analog mechanical Odometers on the 10th gens (97-03)

eh. Got two years to ssee what happens.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i fear complicated wiring...

Its just yall are old and scared of Science and fear a Robot over lord enslaving the human race we know the truth smilietease

Not quite true. smilietease

I have college training (associate of applied science in manufacturing technology) dealing with robotics, PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, CAM, CNC, CAD, AC and DC electronics, physics, etc., etc.

I am not as well educated as a lot of the people around here, but technology wise...I can hold my own with most people.

I teach at a local college. We use the latest software releases, books, and very new computers (purchased last year).

I am one of the ones who trains people in the technology that allows robots to take over boring jobs.

I just prefer old vehicles to the new ones with all the electronic mess. I want to live long enough to see if any any of todays computer controlled vehicles are still drivable (in stock condition) when they are 50+ years old.
I am betting against it. Most seem disposable right now (think yugo and others). smiliestirthepot

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Hell I want one IN my truck!!! LOL

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
That's pretty cool. I have a universal digital panel from nordskog in my 94.

0805160002.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
You got that right. Kinda like the days prior to overdrive trannys. The 5.13 gears and the 38 inch tires work out about the same as 4.10's with 30 inch tires.

Cyberdine makes some nice ones too (many colors options available):

http://www.cyberdynegauges.net/products.php

cyb-d012e060y_w.jpg

Side note: Thanks whoever fixed the picture above. I am not allowed to download anything on the school computers and I didn't take my laptop today.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts