Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New arrival

Fellro

Staff member
I had seen this truck on the rollback, didn't know for sure it was coming to me... A friend of mine gets a lot of scrap cars, brought a 79 Ford extended cab shortbed out. Looks like it got hit pretty hard on the passenger side, windshield is destroyed, tailgate is trashed... Only got to look at it in the dark, so I don't know what all it has usable yet. It is a 150 2wd as well...

What is the VIN# ?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
There should be some good parts there.

Fellro

Staff member
VIN X15GKFC3045 79. Looking at it a little better, going to have to chew some ass, the sheet metal damage is from being loaded with apparently forks, the tailgate got ruined by pushing on it with the forks, and the pass side was not damaged like that until someone poked it with the forks... Hell, if he was going to bring it to me, all he had to do was say it and I would have gone and gotten it.... Turns out it is a propane burner too, but hasn't been run for a while. Factory air as well, that will round out my factory air on the 77. Can't say for certain 302 or 351 W though. Looks like the carb is fairly new, but not sure since it has the propane tanks in the back.

Fellro

Staff member
Oh, if someone were real good. It has a crinkle in the roof line, the rear panel of the cab is mashed pretty good, pushed in far enough to make it so the rear seat can't be raised up. Someone with far better body skills than I have could save it. Haven't assessed the floor pans as yet. Also have no idea as yet on a title. Front clip is in perfect condition though, so that's something in itself. I has the Lariat package as well. Would have been a beautiful truck. Heck, I would have fixed it instead of my 77....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts