Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spark Plug Color

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Well I changed the plugs and wires last night while removing the emissions stuff. Well after fixin the super miss it had I havent cked the plugs. When I was working on the miss they were all black, running rich if im not mistakin. Well I had 1 plug that was black out of the 7. Cly #2. Figured it might be a wire as that cyl had a different one then the rest. So I drove it around and pulled that plug and another and that 1 is still black and the rest are normal. Any ideas before I get crazy?

Here is a pic of the good plug(7 of em) and the 1 bad plug.
IMG_0168.jpg

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea I got to do that, well they were all black when my 2 were messed up from the mice, and I was puttin new plugs in since I fixed it and now im down to 1 bad plug. Im a swap that injector tonight and take it for a ride and see if the color moves to a diff cylinder. If not I know I have a prob there.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ok so I pulled the inj wire while it was running and no change in miss. Tested plug with noid light and its fine, so I have to get an injector for it. Will do compression ck tomorrow.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts