Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

And, if my plate wasn't full already....

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
one word. Subaru. Should know by the end of the week if we have an addition to the dealer group. Franchise and shop, techs, no facility, no other staff. We can make room for it, either here or across the street.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
They're hella popular in New England, and the first time you drive one in the snow, it's clear why.

Repair shop should be pretty profitable, though. :rolleyes:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I have driven them . When they sit 6" higher Ill buy 1. Not ground clearance body highth to bumper.

Michigan
ive seen a subaru car power up the side of the biggest hill on the sand dunes :) lol

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
They're hella popular in New England, and the first time you drive one in the snow, it's clear why.

Repair shop should be pretty profitable, though. :rolleyes:

hahaa yeah just go to vermont. i swear everyone has or had one!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
One of the biggest Ford stores (though with the worst reputation, by far) near my father is closing, too. Their Toyota and Dodge/Jeep stores plan to stay open, though.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Subaru is #3 in Oregon, Behind Toyota and Honda, in passenger car deliveries. Large dealer group holds the franchise now (one of the biggest in the nation), and they want out.

To say we're in extraordinary times in the car biz right now doesn't begin to describe the situation. Two Lincoln-Mercury stores in town recently folded, one dating back to WWII. Two Chebbie stores gone, and a number of other franchises reportedly on the ropes. Some of them with brands that you'd think would be "no brainers" to stay profitable.

We're in a game of "last man standing" right now.

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
We had a Dodge dealership here that sold out to a Chevy dealership.
The Dodge dealership had been here for 80+ years, and the owner said that he's too old to do it anymore, so he sold it, vehicles and all.
Don't know if that's any indication of things to come, or not though.

There used to be 4 dealers here. Cheby/cadi/gmc, olds/pontiac/buick, ford/mrecury (not lincoln), and the chrysler group (jeep, eagle, whatever).

The chrysler people sold out. The ford people sold out (to different people). Then the chrysler people bought the olds and ford ones. They tried to buy the cheby one too, but they would not sell.

They wanted to own every new car lot in the area. The next closest new car dealers are 50 miles from here and these old people won't drive that far (it seems).

Personally, I have never bought anything from any of them. LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts