Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my fellow NY staters

as some of you know i have a house near Binghamton.. In my area the economy hasnt slowed down so much but there are signs it will prolly slow particularly if there is a recession full blown... how are the rest of your areas doing? are home values still decent? Has the real estate slowed alot?
the reason i ask is ive been presented with opportunitys to flip homes in the area and while it look good on paper i was looking for more insight to whats going on out of my area,,

we're good here Bob...house prices here a exempt from these bubbles because of the lakes and other vacation opportunities, if i could still do the plumbing-electrical full time, i couldn't work enough hrs/day to keep up.
it's not all rainbows and unicorns.. we get hit harder here by gas and heating fuel costs than most...but even that's coming down. there is a Stewarts shop not far from here selling reg for $2.95/gal.

As far as flipping....got to be in these vacation destinations. Albany area, not great, Gloversville SUCKS, gotta get rural to attract the flatlanders. Cher just bought a house i did plumbing in 5 yrs ago....she's the third owner since...each seller made a killing on what they paid.

Last edited:
im looking at a house in Sydney ( easern part of the southern tier) that was damaged in the floods a couple of years back.. a flipper bought it who lives in Long Island.. The house has been gutted and needs new walls.. the framing is ok mold has been abated now it needs insulation and drywall and there is a foundation issue where one wall needs to be replaced.. the wiring is done in the house and some sheetrock has been done... Right now im just trying to work out the numbers before i go inside the place to see if its even more work than i thought, and if it will be worth it at all to get into..Alot depends on the boiler and plumbing

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Good luck on the flip .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts