Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

need info please

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I have set mine at 10btdc and is pulling about 14 on vac, my book says 8btdc, hope that helps.

as per your thread in Gen 6 forum ,.
This is all I have right now.

All literature directs us to engine decal

73-76460enginedecal.jpg
[/QUOTE]

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well if i'm thinking what you are talking about you stick a vacc gauge on to a full manifold Vacc port then start to tune your carb I.E idle mixture screws for the beast vacc reading on the gauge to rich will give you a lower vac reading and so will to learn you looking for the highest reading on the vacc gauge. I hope this helps.

camperspecial

truckjunkie
thank guys. the tag on my valve cover is illegible and all the litrature I find directs me to this tag so:headbang: fustratiting but better than a sharp stick in the eye.
ken
truckjunkie

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Interesting. Now I know. Thanks.
also if your carb is a Holley you can find your right jetting by reading your vacc by going up or down in jetting size you will see your vacc reading go higher or lower its the long way of finding your jetting but many old timers have told me its the best and sure way to find your ideal jetting size..

I can provide any carb details you want.

Just post the carb info from the small home plate shaped tag or even the air horn.

Too bad there isn't tan engine decal to read.

I can provide any carb details you want.

Just post the carb info from the small home plate shaped tag or even the air horn.

Too bad there isn't tan engine decal to read.

Me? I don't think I need any. I just asked what the vacuum stuff was all about. One of the millions (no pun intended) of things I do not know. LOL

Oh...the tag is long gone. It is slightly possible that it could be the original 52 year old carb (although doubtful). From the books I have looked in...the holley 2100 and 2110 were used back then for a few years by ford on the Y-blocks.

I think its time to upgrade there boss :)

Why? If it ain't broke..don't fix it.

The kits are still on the shelves in the parts stores for them. Mine works fine...so it is staying until I can afford a later intake and a 4 barrel.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts