Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Spring Hill, KS cruise in pics (link)

Hello all,

This was just over a 500 mile weekend.

I left the house at 5:15 AM Saturday.

I met my truck Club (some of them) in Springfield, MO Saturday and headed for Kansas. We picked up a couple along the way. Once we made it up to Paola, we met up with a few more. We had a nice b ar-b-que dinner.

Then we went up to Olathe and checked into the rooms. About 5:pM we left and went to a car wash to clean up the trucks, then back down to Spring Hill for the cruise in.

Here are pics of the event itself:

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h163/Brian_B_1956/spring hill KS/?start=all

We stayed there until almost midnight (the club) chatting. Sonic was closing when we finally left.

Sunday we got up and all met for brunch (some-who live there-went to church that morning), then over to some of the club members house. Only a few of us went, but we had a great time.

We left about 3:30 PM and I drove straight back to Springfield. Only Cal and I had to come home last night, but we ran quick. His speedometer does not work, but I was running between 70 and 75 on the interstates. LOL

I met my brother in Springfield and got my tools he has been buying over the last year or so (on sale-I send him checks when he buys something from my list). I also picked up that trailer hitch that I paid $25 for on craiglist.

Then I headed home. I think I made it in here about 10:30 or so. Not real sure....I was tired and sleepy.

Overall I had a great time with the club. It was a lot of fun running down the highways in a string of old trucks (even one mercury truck).

Last edited:

bobf100

It's nice to see the Show-Me F100 club doing some activities. When I was a member a few years back the club really didn't do a whole lot except the yearly show in Branson. There was also a bunch of people fighting within the club so it's nice to see all of that is behind them because there are a lot of very nice people who are members.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Looks lie you had a great time bryan!

Bob...times have changed.

There was an issue when I first met some of them (about 4 years ago) with a club member who was in charge of the funds (treasurer). Lets just say...the money disappeared (no receipts and would not turn over the checkbook) and they are not in the club anymore. Now two people need to sign the bigger checks.

That was the last of that issue. LOL

They have meetings every month. They attend a lot of local cruises and cruise ins. Every couple of months they go off like this Kansas trip to somewhere. It costs for the hotels and gas to go off for the weekends like this and almost all of us is po' folks.

It didn't happen this year (times are tough all over), but usually a group of them goes to the dash for the dells (or whatever it is called) and the F-100 supernats in Knoxville.

I am constantly invited to go somewhere with them. It only works out sometimes for me. Up until recently I was on dialysis on Saturdays and could not go anywhere.

Only a couple of club members have nice "finished" trucks. The rest of us drive ours way to much to take them apart and "finish them" even if we could afford it.

One big thing (next month I think) is the crosslines cruise. They raise a truck bed full (or two) of canned goods for "crosslines". It is a local food bank type thing run by the local council of churches. In fact...they make cash donations from the Ozarks Run as well.

I am sure it is not perfect, but they are a great group of people. They are hillbillies and rednecks. Just my class of people. :)

I always have a great time when I can get up there and hang around with them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts