Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fuel filter numbers

I need to get a new fuel filter want to go to IH for it. Looked in the tech folder and find the #1847170c93 but I look at Beachbumcook entry and it said use the #1827170c92. which one tio use. John

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
1847170C any numbers after the letter are just a series number and change everytime IH updates there catalog.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I need to get a new fuel filter want to go to IH for it. Looked in the tech folder and find the #1847170c93 but I look at Beachbumcook entry and it said use the #1827170c92. which one tio use. John

John,

You made a typo in your post above when you listed the number I reported to use.

Click on the link below (or anyone else) and then click on the first photo image I have posted. It is the actual box top of a Int'l (Racor) fuel filter. Yes, the last digit changes for some reason as Int'l updats their catalog numbers for some reason... then always check the box to make sure you get the 2 filters you need (images also shown).

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Yes that was a typo. Sorry. So the 1847170c is the Number. OK thanks.

Sorry to change the subject. Noticed you have a Scan Gauge. I was thinking about picking one up to monitor MPG since my truck is an XLT the driver information center just displays basic stuff. The Scan Gauge uses the same data as the factory display I'm assuming. Does it provide accurate MPG data? JR

It's closes but not 100 %. but I like it.

Ford Truck Articles