Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking for a throtle cable

Hello, I am on the hunt! My 66 F100 with the 352 V8, My throtle cable gave up a few days ago and I need one, If anyone has an extra one on a Parts truck that is good Please contact me.

Thanks
Bill W

OK Everyone, I found what i needed, even Brand New! through

www.obsoletereliableparts.com

seems they have a lot of Obsolete stuff.

just wanted to give an update....

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I had a 66 F100 and a 250, got rid of them both but have some parts left hanging around, I know the only body panel left is a hood, but I have some misc wiring and wierd stuff, possibly even a instument cluster. If you ever need anything odd let me know I may have it..

Funny you mention that.... I have been looking for a Good hood, The one I have will cost more to fix than buying one that is in good condition. Too bad you are so far away!

Glad you found it. I was going to suggest you contact Bill (BKW) and get the part number, then check with green sales or Mcdonalds obsolete. I have recently bought parts from each of them for mine.

I am too Brian! i was gettin worried there for a minute! I got the # from Bill BKW on the other site, I have also met Bill, He is a great Guy! And I am not just saying that because we have the same name:) only our middle name is different and he is a hole lot more Grumpy-er than I could ever besmilietease
I met him at the 08 Western Nats in Cali back in June, Wish i coulda spent more time talking with him! I had a lot of fun that day....
Brian your truck is real sweet looking

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I am too Brian! i was gettin worried there for a minute! I got the # (C5TZ-9A758-AH) from Bill BKW aka NumberDummy on the other site.

...he is a hole lot more GRUMPY-ER than I could ever besmilietease
LOL!!! Truer words were never spoken!

Try spending over 35 years (or even 35 minutes!) waiting on pinheads at parts counters, that would cause anyone to turn grumpy, and would turn a saint into a sinner!

Inre to Bill W: It turned out that the cable was not available after all.

AFAIK, No one has the cable new. Not Green Sales, nor Dennis Carpenter, only a few longtime truck nuts with foresight might have a few new spares.

I found two at a Ford dealer in Georgia several months ago, and thru kindness, or stupidity (cuz I shoulda bought them both), I posted the info on who had them on t'other site.

Both were sold within hours.

Last edited:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
About 10 yrs ago I was able to get a new cable for my 66 from Obsolete Ford Parts, don't know if there still in buisness. I may have one used kicking around though i'll have to look.

Could one from some ford/mercury/lincoln car be adapted to work? Or one from a later model truck?

Sometimes...parts just do not exist. Or take way too long to find (if you need the vehicle on the road fast).

Here is a universal one:

http://www.classicautopartsgroup.co...ent=90979003&action=detail&item=R09-16410-145

Could that be made to work?

I cannot believe that other years did not use the same one...I will keep digging.

EDIT 1: Some (probably most) parts stores carry universal ones.

Spectre makes a universal one:

http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.2431

I am sure other do as well. Might have to do a little engineering to make them work, but....

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts