Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Not sure where to post this... Carb help please

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I think when it comes to carbs I may have been cursed, this is my third carb now on this 460 engine and they are all leaking from the same damn place, the front boosters are leaking flowing dumping gas out of them I don't know whats going on here I've been through a Holley and two Edelbrocks this can't be a KawinkyDink can some one please tell me what this might be? I'm now 110% outta ideas I even put a plastic Jesus on the dash and still no good, I think I have me one heck of a Carburetor haint here.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Do you have a stock fuel pump? Too much pressure could cause that. Are they new carbs or used/ rebuilt?

On a holley, too high a float level can cause that. I'm not sure about edelbrock though.

They still used carbs in 56? ;)

Not really. I am running a factory installed "experimental stromberg fuel injection system" on my Y-block.

and...I am selling some ocean front property in Arizona.

Got your checkbook handy? I have a nice pen you can use.

Now...can we get back to his carb problem, so I can actually learn something? smilieneenar

'hiding_smilie'

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
its the Stock fuel pump its a used/rebuilt carb and when the truck is running the carb makes this really wild sucking sound, I really don't know what else to try here I opened the carb and cleaned it out spayed out all the jets, bleeds pulled the needles out and spayed those checked the floats and those seemed to be in good shape and adjusted.... Maybe one of my tree hugging Neighbor made a F150 voodoo doll... Any one know how to counteract Liberal voodoo? Or could it be some thing less fun like need heavier springs??

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts