Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

For Goose and whomever else: Looking at an 04 Mustang GT (40th edition) - Questions.

Well, it looks like this, exactly:

2004-Ford-Mustang-40th-Anniversary-P51-1280x960.jpg

What kind of mileage can I expect? How reliable? Mods? Things I should consider before buying a car?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think Tony has one...

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Yup. Thats it. :D

Gas mileage.... I never keep my foot out of it enough to know real figures, but you can expect about 17 around town and 24-27 highway, depending on driving style.

Well I intend to drive 55MPH on the highway, and conservative in the city anyway. So getting that good, even with liberal driving is pretty good. Does it use supreme? (exactly like the one 1970Custom posted)

As far as insurance goes it will be registered in my parents names, with me listed as a driver. Much less expensive that way.

55 on highway and conservative in the city? Are we still talking about MUSTANGS here?!

Its all about how you drive it, I am happy enough just driving, let alone balls to the wall in a mustang (which I wont do).

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Well I intend to drive 55MPH on the highway, and conservative in the city anyway. So getting that good, even with liberal driving is pretty good. Does it use supreme? (exactly like the one 1970Custom posted)

As far as insurance goes it will be registered in my parents names, with me listed as a driver. Much less expensive that way.

I have three kids- "less expensive" is a relative term. Bet it'll be $350-$400/mo for full coverage.

re: 55 mph hwy. Be honest- metro buses don't go 55 on the freeway in Cali.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Well I intend to drive 55MPH on the highway, and conservative in the city anyway.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...smiliestirthepot

*I've driven slow in fast cars and slow in slow cars (also fast in fast cars and sorta-fast in slow cars :redface:) and, to be honest, if you're really gonna be going slow all the time, something with a 4-banger is more fun. They'll run faster than you're talking about, but you've got to work a little for it. Plus they're less thirsty and a bit lighter...

'Course, it won't look like a Mustang...if that matters to you.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...smiliestirthepot

*I've driven slow in fast cars and slow in slow cars (also fast in fast cars and sorta-fast in slow cars :redface:) and, to be honest, if you're really gonna be going slow all the time, something with a 4-banger is more fun. They'll run faster than you're talking about, but you've got to work a little for it. Plus they're less thirsty and a bit lighter...

'Course, it won't look like a Mustang...if that matters to you.

It does matter a little bit, but its a reliable form of transportation, and for 10k even its a good deal too. I'm exited just to drive, I dont need to go 90MPH... smilietease

Plan on getting run over on the Cali freeways then.

Im used to it... well in a Truck it sure is easier to not get run over. The mustang should be fine. What mileage can I expect going 55MPH with cruise on in 5th gear?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts