Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Umm... What the hell?!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
truck market is REALLY soft right now Chris. Dealer told me they would only give me $12,000 for my 07 Lariat....

It is probably paid for and he just needs to unload it.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm DAMN tempted to put my truck up for sale and buy that thing... I love my truck way more but for that price, it's probably a much more reliable and efficient truck...

I'm DAMN tempted to put my truck up for sale and buy that thing... I love my truck way more but for that price, it's probably a much more reliable and efficient truck...

.......provided a carfax and OASIS doesn't look like a trail of tears.....

since i have no idea what the truck was - i'm guessing it was a spammer. was it a fairly new listing? few hours old?

all sorts of spammers/bots post cars with crazy prices. they usually get flagged and shortly removed from craigslist. obvious signs are small text at the bottom of the ad but above the pics. another one is if they want you to repsond to a different email address, not the standard craigslist one.

anyway, fill us in on what it was

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I just clicked on Chris's link and the craigs list add popped up so it is still there. Add seems legit to me.

Here is the sellers description of the truck.
"2004 FORD F150 XLT 4X4 WITH 5.4L GASOLINE ENGINE AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WITH ONLY 57K MILES IN GREAT CONDITION.FULLY LOADED.CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT.MECHANICALLY THIS TRUCK IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.THE ENGINE RUNS PERFECT AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFTSVERY SMOOTLY.VERY DEPANDABLE AND ROAD WORTY TRUCK"

and one of the pics.

61d0_3.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Aaron you've probably got it cached, doesn't work for me anymore either.

I did notice that the guy had the ad posted twice, so perhaps someone flagged one of them for removal, I'll see if the other one is till up.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Here's one nicer then that one for ya!. for $4800
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/827246813.html

Engine - 8 Cylinder 5.4 LiterFor sale by original owner, Very clean,
Vehicle title is Clear- Rancho RS9000x adjustable shocks Vehicle title is Clear
Recent complete transmission service,Here is your chance to own a well-maintained F150- Very clean inside/out
4 Wheel Drive / 50,365 milesCrew cab

01010701020301031020080904f44660e24b069383c000b8da.jpg

I'll see if the other one is till up.
didn't see the one above, but here's another "deal"
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/827246813.html

2004 Ford F150 FX4 - PERFECT TRUCK Lady Owned~~ - $4800

Engine - 8 Cylinder 5.4 LiterFor sale by original owner, Very clean,
Vehicle title is Clear- Rancho RS9000x adjustable shocks Vehicle title is Clear
Recent complete transmission service,Here is your chance to own a well-maintained F150- Very clean inside/out
4 Wheel Drive / 50,365 milesCrew cab

too bad it's white

EDIT: appears i'm slow on the draw

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy smokes! What's with these prices?!

If it weren't for those awful fender flares I'd consider it. 50k miles?!?!

I emailed them and they said everything was good on it no scratches no nothing she needs money for her son cause he is in the hospital and its ready to be shipped and all that crap she gave me the vin numbers and stuff. She wrote like a book about it kinda lol. But all I can think of its a BIG SCAM.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Which one did you email? The white or the black one?

I'm near enough that I can take care of the transaction for anyone who wants these vehicles, to ensure they don't scam you.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts