Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What!?!

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Killing time, browsing the net for 1980 flaresiders, found a pic of this... thing.

1980-1989-ford-trucks-2.jpg

Oddly someone stole the cases of Coors it had.

Tyl

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
It is an 1980 Courier. Come on now, I'd be soo ashamed to reniew my plate stickers for that... thing.

Tyl

I run with scissors.

From Google...

Coors Beer commissioned a custom Courier that featured period-popular hood scoop, spoilers, sunroof, and big-rig-style chrome exhaust stacks. The Flareside bed was specially made, as it wasn't offered on the Courier that year.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Pardon my ignorance... But in this context, what is exactly do you guys mean by 'courier'? My understanding of the word doesn't seem to apply here...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Oh! Wow that's neat, I've never heard of it.

To me it looked just like a heavily modified F150, that's what was confusing me.

andym

Real men are fanatics
There are very, very few of them around anymore. They were very vulnerable to rust, even out here in CA. I can't imagine there are any left at all in the rust belt.

I see one maybe once or twice a year here.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
The Courier was built by Mazda before ford came out with the Ranger,there was a company some years ago that offered a kit to change it into a stepside. for the Courier after the Coors truck came out.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
There are very, very few of them around anymore. They were very vulnerable to rust, even out here in CA. I can't imagine there are any left at all in the rust belt.

I do not believe I have ever seen one on the road in New England. I'm pretty sure I know where there's one rotting in a field, but that's about the only one I've ever even seen in person.

I see them alot around here. Not a strange occurrence at all for me anyway. Lol at coors truck... (coors is a joke)

The courier was the father of the ranger. The small ranger line started when the courier stopped being sold in this country. I think that was 83.

The name ranger was used on the fancy F-150s in earlier years. It was a package like XLT or something.

Oh...was anyone aware that someone made a steel stepside bed for the first and second generation (short bed) rangers? I saw a few of them back then. Not many were sold from what I remember.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
The courier was the father of the ranger. The small ranger line started when the courier stopped being sold in this country. I think that was 83.

The name ranger was used on the fancy F-150s in earlier years. It was a package like XLT or something.

The Ford F100 became the Ranger... and Ranger was an option package on F100 4x4s with special chrome badging and trim

The Courier fathered nothing except its long-past-due demise, that truck was an abomination to the Ford name

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I know of several trucks of different makes that a fiberglass and steel combo .

I have the Coors truck write up in one mag some were.. It was cut down Chevy bed.......

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Yeah, the courier was ford's first mazda built truck. And the ranger is the same in that regard. the mazda b series is the same as the ranger and AFAIK, mazda had a truck identical to the courier at that time, just under the mazda name.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Yeah, the courier was ford's first mazda built truck. And the ranger is the same in that regard. the mazda b series is the same as the ranger and AFAIK, mazda had a truck identical to the courier at that time, just under the mazda name. I've only seen one that I know of.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts