Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1973 F100 Ranger XLT question

Hey yall, I am new to the forum and I see that this is a very active place and seems like a good place to get some knowledge, so I just thought I would join and become a part of a good community. I have a quick question, My 73 I am restoring only has the compressor left as far as the A/c system. Would I be better finding a kit online? Or could I go to a junkyard and find parts that way? I just don't know the best way to do this. Those kits are like 900 dollars and I am concentrating on other parts of the truck right now. I just thought I could ask for some feedback and see what you guys thought. Thanks for your help.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Welcome to FTF. Junkyards are always good places for parts. I would suggest doing that first. Usually, you can get those parts pretty cheap. You'll most likely have to replace the heater core and blower motor (which I would anyway), but still much cheaper than any kind of aftermarket kit. Hopefully, you compressor works OK, but even if it don't, a new rebuilt one is around $250 or so. Realistically, even if you had to replace some parts from a junkyard factory setup, it still will be cheaper.

Wow! You guys sure know how to welcome someone! Thanks for the great info and the warm welcome...I think I am definately going to try the junk yard my only concern is finding a bolt in...:( but, I shall try.

Ford Truck Articles