Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

supercamper bedside

camperspecial

truckjunkie
I have a 1973 super camper with some substantial rust on the bed side. I want to replace the bedside {drivers side} but Im unsure if the dimension are the same as a 1/2 ton long bed. I don't want to buy a new one only to find out that its not the same. any help would be helpful
Thanks
Ken

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Doesn't the "Super Camper" have the rear axle further back?

Or am I thinking of something else?

No Ian, you are correct. The F350 Super Camper did have the axle further back.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
chop cut and modify cuz i highly doubt your going to find one in good shape.

It is unlikely (unless they are hugely popular) that the aftermarket would make a new bedside for a special bed.

You can check with the aftermarket supplier in your state. Run a search for "aftermarket body panels" in google for your state.

Also, check with LMC (website). They have a lot of standard body panels.

Do you have pics of the bedside? That would help us a lot.

If you can post some...we might be able to locate someone who sells patch panels from a standard long bed you could weld in.

That could be the only option. :(

Anthony said the same thing...just differently. LOL

WB on a standard 8' box is 133", WB on yours should be a 140", they won't interchange without modification.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The wheel well is same but further back so the lower back of it is different . As for after market drought it way to few made.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I have a 1973 super camper with some substantial rust on the bed side. I want to replace the bedside {drivers side} but Im unsure if the dimension are the same as a 1/2 ton long bed. I don't want to buy a new one only to find out that its not the same. any help would be helpful
Thanks
Ken
All 1973/76 F350 Super Camper & Trailer Specials were built on the 140" wheelbase only.

This wheelbase continued to be used thru 1979, but you cannot use the left quarter panel (bed side) from a 1977/79 without modifying it.

The 1977/79's have fuel filler doors, so the filler necks and related parts are different than the 1973/76's used.

D6TZ9927841A .. Left Quarter Panel / Fits: 1973/76 F350 w/140" wheelbase.

You want a BRAND NEW original?

greensalescompany.com located in Cincinnati OH has ONE: 800-543-4959

This is the only Ford obsolete parts dealer that has it. No Ford dealer has any.

Say Chris, if you call a used panel a "needle in a haystack" what do you call this NOS panel?

Last edited:
You can see the wheel well location in this pic

Img0018.jpg

camperspecial

truckjunkie
sorry i was out of pocket for a couple of days. I'll try and get some pic of my truck and rust spots. Im new to the ford thing. I usually play with 68-72 gm trucks but my granddad had one of these so you know the rest.
BKW is that part # for a factory replacement part? If so thats awsome!
Ken

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
see i have a bumpside mutt. Kinda of a special order from the factory with a bit of camperspecial thrown in there. but your best bet is to chop/cut/modify.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts