Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Technical Write-Up's forum

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
We need one, IMO. It'd be a good place for a how-to section..

Whatcha think?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I like the idea of tech write ups, but I'm thinking along the way of making them a sticky in the forum they pertain to. JMO

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I thought your hair would cover it.

Cue Bellamy Brothers- Old Hippie. :p

Do you really want that much plumbers crack?

Wouldn't that be "mechanics" crack?

Or did you switch careers? smiliestirthepot

I like the idea of the tech in the correct forums. What they could do as well would be to make a page (like a tech library) with links to all the articles in one list in one place. They would need to be properly labeled of course.

Just an idea. :D

Greywolf

I saw a method laid out, umm.....
By somebody.
But it calls for admin powers -

What you do is when a thread has a load of great information that covers all the bases a sticky thread that can be updated is made at the top of the forum that LISTS LINKS by thread title IN the forum to specific tech article type threads by title or topic as a directory of HOT tech threads.

If something really good is added, the admin or mod adds it to the first POST in the sticky thread as a list of real good stuff worth looking at.

It ends up being a directory of the best tech stuff in the forum.

In the end, it saves a whale of a lot of "No Workee Searchee" because it's listed out right at the top and is accessable by the links no matter how old the thread topic may become.

We can also point to it as "There's a link to it in the (whatever) sticky post up top..."

So the same ground is not covered endlessly.

"If it were not for plagiarism, NISSAN would be just another Japanese noodle company."
IE: "Thanks for the engineering - ROUND EYE!"

Last edited:
How bout a tech folder in the offroad forum. Put in the build threads and some differential schematics. And some basic how toos like locker installs. Maybe even get Pro to post up his rear mount rad tech and captainp4 post up his shackle flip and dana 60 conversion. We could even let tony post his SAS.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts