Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Truck Photo Contests

Greywolf

-No, I'm not volunteering. I did that elsewhere on my own, so I know it can be done.

If enough interest is in that though - there's no reason FTF can't do it and better.

Kick the notion around and see what you come up with.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well I don't think it's ALL that much different from the Truck of the Month that we have on the homepage, is it?

I mean I know it's not exactly the same, but not all that much different either...

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I think that is a little like what I am trying to do with the photo caption contests and chapter competitions contest.

Anything to get people posting and interacting is a good thing I think.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Don't put my truck up,I can't be responsible for breaking someone monitorsmilietease

I think that is a little like what I am trying to do with the photo caption contests and chapter competitions contest.

Anything to get people posting and interacting is a good thing I think.

If people could only learn to NOT post the quote with the image, it would help big time.

I prefer to see just the text not the image 20 times :)

I don't see the reason everyone has to repost the image and not just popst their caption ? we know what image is being captioned

But that's me :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If people could only learn to NOT post the quote with the image, it would help big time.

I prefer to see just the text not the image 20 times :)

I don't see the reason everyone has to repost the image and not just popst their caption ? we know what image is being captioned

But that's me :)
I agree! I always try to delete the image before I quote it. Sometimes I forget :)

Greywolf

What turned out (and I thought it worked a lot better) was contests where you could post all the pics you wanted of ONE ENTRY, with a writeup going along with it.

(shot of the whole truck) this is a (whatever year and type) with all of these options/mods (pictures of what was done) and so on.

What happened was a mini-article of the truck being shown. You saw it, and what you saw briefly explained picture by picture.

Instead of PICTURES being voted on, it was the whole truck and what you thought of it.

What happened was NICE trucks were shown and explained almost like magazine articles about them.

But they were OUR PEOPLE and you knew that...

This whole idea was just taking off when I realised I was the only one making it happen.

If it interests you - IT'S ON YOU.

I'm not going to be the only brass band, trumpets, and judge.

In fact - screw it. I'm on vacation.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What turned out (and I thought it worked a lot better) was contests where you could post all the pics you wanted of ONE ENTRY, with a writeup going along with it.

(shot of the whole truck) this is a (whatever year and type) with all of these options/mods (pictures of what was done) and so on.

What happened was a mini-article of the truck being shown. You saw it, and what you saw briefly explained picture by picture.

Instead of PICTURES being voted on, it was the whole truck and what you thought of it.

What happened was NICE trucks were shown and explained almost like magazine articles about them.

But they were OUR PEOPLE and you knew that...

This whole idea was just taking off when I realised I was the only one making it happen.

If it interests you - IT'S ON YOU.

I'm not going to be the only brass band, trumpets, and judge.

In fact - screw it. I'm on vacation.
Well seeing as you DISQUALIFIED ME from one before I was banned, because my photo disappeared (some 'unnamed' admins were STEALING images from my photobucket account)... I'm not sure I'll back you up here smilietease

Heres my sorry attempt at failure:
P1010010.jpg

Article pending.

Last edited:

Greywolf

[B said:
Skandocious[/b];101531]Well seeing as you DISQUALIFIED ME from one before I was banned, because my photo disappeared (some 'unnamed' admins were STEALING images from my photobucket account)... I'm not sure I'll back you up here smilietease
HEY "SKIPPY" -

How do you steal pictures from someone elses PEE-Bucket account?
I didn't DQ yer stuff - it just disappeared.

Dang, what am? GOD or something...

Sheesh - this needs to lighten up. Can we send out for PIZZA or something?

Like I won anything either. Whoopee

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
HEY "SKIPPY" -

How do you steal pictures from someone elses PEE-Bucket account?
I didn't DQ yer stuff - it just disappeared.

Dang, what am? GOD or something...
Nah... Here's the abridged version.

Me and a few buddies (now members on this site) made a tech thread over there, with useful links to diagrams and walkthroughs for Gen 8-9 Fords. Many of the diagrams and photographs were linked directly to my photobucket account. Hell! Some of them were pictures of MY truck. So after I got banned, I asked them to take down the links that linked directly to my account. They refused, so I broke all of the links by moving the photos. Well they searched my account (it wasn't locked at that time) and found the photos, and re-posted the links.

Meanwhile-- I had posted a picture of my truck in the photo contest thread, and it disappeared because I mass moved all my photos. You emailed me about it, and I put that photo back where it was supposed to be, and it showed back up in the thread. But then you replied and said I was disqualified.

I'll go dig up the emails. Gimme a sec.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Here they are!

Dutch said:
Photobucket is posting up a "Picture deleted or moved" message...

Me said:
Hey Dutch,

The reason the picture isn't showing up... Well, several days ago I asked the admin's to remove some links in a tech sticky that linked directly to my photobucket account (long story on why I wanted those deleted). They must not have liked my request very much because they banned me without any response to my email... So I took the liberty of breaking the links to ALL the pictures I've posted there, it was the only choice I had to get rid of those tech thread links. If you'd like to edit the post I made in the contest thread with the real link to my truck then please feel free; the new link is:

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Skandociouss/TruckStuff/DSC00738-small.jpg

Since I'm banned it probably wouldn't matter if I even won the contest... But I still suppose it'd be kinda fun :) Thanks for watchin' out brother.

Dutch said:
I'm not real sure how to handle this. It would only be fair to include you in, but I can't see how to do it now. If that one link at the bucket still worked it would be smooth - but it's into the ten counts now. I can't just pop it up as an "OH BY THE WAY..."

I know you've been back and forth with them over there, and I can't say whose fault it is anymore. Maybe it's best to make a clean break, bad as that feels to me.

I guess I can wish in one hand and crap in the other, can't I?

Damn I'm sorry to hear that....

~Dutch J.

Me said:
Thanks for following up Dutch. I'll just go ahead and fix that one link, so that picture will show up again. If the top 10 have already been picked then I dunno how you wanna handle that. Was mine a candidate for the top 10?!

-Chris

Dutch said:
I hate to tell you it - but it was taken that you withdrew. Fooking shame too - a lot of people sent that they would have voted for it....

I have no idea what went south, but I wish it had not happened.

~Dutch

Me said:
Why was it taken that I withdrew? Because the image disappeared? Or did one of the admins tell you to withdraw me?

Dutch said:
Your picture(s) disappeared. I assumed you scraped them because you were P/O'd at the site

And that! ladies and gentlewomen.... Is the story of how I got screwed out of winning a contest :rofl2:

:acclaim:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
In all seriousness Dutch--- it sounded like you had already started narrowing it down to the top 10. If that was the case, it definitely would not have been fair to throw in my entry at the last minute.

No harm no foul buddy ;)

Greywolf

No - you didn't win because the pics were gone before the finals and so were you. Even if that were not so - you still had to compete with the rest. It doesn't necessarily follow you would have automatically won...

So what does that leave?

I'd say get in a contest where you are solidly in place and not likely to be booted for some reason.

*NOTE: I'm not volunteering to run jack squat. If you want a contest like that - you guys do your own thing, just like I told another place.

SEE, because I'm tired of these furballs. EXACTLY like this.

It was still a damn good idea, and was fun while it lasted.

Greywolf

The only critter I know of in this world who could get a G-String tangled is my mutt Rufuss...
(Don't ask. HE COULD)

Your new nickname is STILL "Skippy"... smilietease

-Somehow it suits you, I'm not sure why that is....

PS: How did you know I wore one of those?

Last edited:

Greywolf

I'd rather it gathered, than dangled and tangled.

Barfie was a good dog, I forgot about him....

Greywolf

Good to see you, hope you're doing well.

I'm out of here for a while. I'm not sure what I am looking for but this isn't it.

Fuel prices and all that stuff are eating me alive.

I want the old days back, and I'm not sure how to do it.

CHEERS!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts