Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

runs like (you know)

:hammer: :headbang: :horse: ok im lost on this problem. ok when im driving my 1984 F-250 everyonce and awhile it wants to bogg and try to cut out and shutdown on me and when i and trying to smoke an import its wil bogg like a rev limiter. its a 1984 F-250 with a 460 i just rebuilt the dist. it has a edelbroke 650 4bbl i think that the carb is too small but dont know. the truck runs 2 ele. fuel pumps but only the rear is hooked up im also pleaged with wirer issues and really thinking about selling the truck so please help if you can

I copied this thread to the 429/460 forum to help you get an answer...

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
the carb is a bit small but it should run it. sounds like the Low pressure pump isn't supplying enough fuel with out the booster pump running.
Might need to readjust the carb if the fuel pressure is OK.

booster pump how do i find that thanx for the help guys before i rebuilt the dist. when i got to a half of a tank or lower is would bogg down bad almost shutdown but when i put it in neutral i could rev up fine but under a load if would do jack and i really think this truck needs a new wiring harness any sugg. where i can get on

ok now another question can i take oout the 2 elec. fuel pumps that or in the tanks run a regular sending unit slap on a man. pump on the block. If i can do that what do i do about the fuel return line and the relays and other wiring cause i priced new sending units for the elec. and they are almost $400 each and hard to get HELP PLEASE

Better than that... if you pull the tank pumps, and add enough tubing to make the pickup tube work, you can wire in a relay and run a regular in-line electric pump. I mounted mine up under the Drivers side framerail, just ahead of the tank selector switch. Those inline pumps are decently priced, overall, and you effectively bypass your wiring woes.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts