Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Whazzit???

HEY...PB or anyone who knows;

What's that poncho 2 seater I have been seeing around lately? danged thing looks SHARP.... AND fast!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
This puppy?

2006%20Pontiac%20Solstice.jpg

Pontiac Solstice.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
If I decide I can afford to buy new* when I get out of school, it's on my short list of stuff to think hard about. Along with a V6 'Stang or another Ranger.

*Yeah, I know I shouldn't. I just don't know if I care.

I'd much rather have one of these..
9674-2005-Lotus-Elise.jpg

Those are grossly underpowered for what they are, even if they do handle like a go cart. I like the Sky more than the solstice, but what I really want is a 280Z with a VQ35 V6 (add some turbos) for around 420hp+ in a 2400lb car. smiliegitrdone

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I like the Sky more than the solstice

Really? I think the Solstice is much nicer looking...

(They're more or less twins underneath, I believe.)

saturnsky.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
No, Tony...I CAN'T have a V8. Extra purchase price, I could probably swing. Extra fuel consumption, maybe. Extra insurance as an under-25, unmarried male, possibly. All three together...no way in heck. :(

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Sky > Solstice

I know the Lotus isn't a very powerful car, but given the choice between those three I'd still take it over the others.

Give me a V8 SBF Focus, they're baaaaaad. :D

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
The Sky gets the vote from me...........I think it's Lingenfelter(sp?) who'll drop in an LSx into one; kind of a modern day AC Cobra!!!

Yep- little rocket. Although, after all the $$$'s are said and done, a Corvette does it all- better, cheaper, and with a warranty.

Dad of an old g/f of Nick's has an Elise. I'm surprised the guy fits into it (he's about 6'3"). Sez it's a blast to drive though.

Guy was kinda slow on the shifts, tho...

That one from RV goes real fast, from light to light...the great equalizers lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts