Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pontiac gets the go-ahead

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Pontiac truck to wear G8 ST badge.

Linky.

The question is, will it sell?

before i even clicked the link, i imagined how the thing would look almost 100% accurately.

...i was right, it looks terrible

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
id drive it too. that would be pretty cool/interesting to drive none the less

Eww. Yes..it will sell (not to me!). People actually are buying that Honda thing they call a truck. Well...a few people did anyway. I have seen a couple of them on the roads.

What is a G8 ST? Never heard of any series of numbers resembling that.

I know the Buick GS name was ruined. I saw it today on a small 4 door that looked like a Chevy celebrity.

The GS used to be a muscle car. I had a 70 GS stage 1 when I was 14.

The El Camino name would go over a lot better.

Ever see the car/truck things they have in Australia? Some of them are really cool looking (and made by Chevy). I think it is called "Holden" or something over there.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
It will sell? To whom?

Why would GM even consider building another truck when they need cars to sell.

If sales reach more than 30,000 units a year, it'll be a miracle.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
They never stopped building that car right there, its been built since the early 50's non stop just changed names...

1951-holden-fx-ute.jpg

Holden_ute_SS-V_m_m.jpg

My only question is, how close is it to its Holden [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Commodore[/SIZE][/FONT] counterpart?

And yes I'd buy it...

Also for comparison

The Ford Falcon

FordAus75th1953MainlineUtefrontD2.jpg

ford-fg-falcon-ute-2-big.jpg

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Here's a few more pics. These things are insanely fast, along with the legendary Ford Falcon XR8. GM's version will run a 6.0, Ford has a 5.4.

2007eserieshsvmaloorear.jpg

926HP-Holden-VE-Ute.jpg

Won't be a huge volume seller, but I can see a market here... maybe.

Here's the Falcon

i.ford.falcon.xr8.04jan.myallriver.JPG

Ford_Falcon_FG_XR6_Turbo_4.JPG

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
They never stopped building that car right there, its been built since the early 50's non stop just changed names...
My only question is, how close is it to its Holden [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Commodore[/SIZE][/FONT] counterpart?

And yes I'd buy it...

Also for comparison

The Ford Falcon
Lets not forget the Ford Ranchero! :)

127_0304_2z+1962_Ford_Ranchero+Front_Driver_Side.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I kinda like it.

Lately I've been needing 4 wheel drive a lot, but I've also gotten through a lot without it with this truck. That thing would lug most of what I need to lug, but be more fun and maybe a little less thirsty for the vast majority of my miles where I'm just hauling my butt around.

But then, I'm the guy who's VERY seriously considering a Mustang with a trailer hitch as his next vehicle...[confused]

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Christ.............You couldn't get them to build a new Trans Am if you put a GUN to their collective head............BUT they keep building nerdmobiles.....

Gunner

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Yeah, the nose isn't really very attractive. Should have made it look more like the Solstice, IMO.

(As to the SSR...I'd drive one of them, too. Corvette drivetrain, as I understand it, but in a vehicle that I can actually drive down most of the roads in Maine- 'Vettes are just too low.)

EDIT: I tried to post a pic of the Poncho we're talking about, but I can't. Booo!

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Falcon is the ranchero...
Falcon is a brand name, not a make of vehicle and only a few Ranchero's were Falcons.

1957/59, the Ranchero is a full sized Ford

1960/66, the Ranchero is a Falcon,

1967, the Ranchero is a Fairlane.

1968/70, the Ranchero is a Fairlane or Torino.

1971/76, the Ranchero is a Torino.

1977/79, the Ranchero is an LTD II.

1980, the Ranchero is history.

Thing reminds me of the Suby Baja... which means when the dust settles, my wife may wind up with one of THOSE instead, being a USA badge & all.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts