Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Storker in a daily driver??

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I know 331 347s are not some thing you would want to drive every day but that about a 306? http://www.strokerengine.com/Budgetsbford.html
How would this engine stack up to a modded 302?
It says 390Hp but I dont know if I believe but I could be wrong what do you guys think would it make a good cursing engine or just be a waste of money.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
That has me confused. I thought that a standard stroke, .030 over 302 was 306. I don't think thats a stroker.

As far as strokers being daily drivers, it depends how they are built. I have a 393 stroker in my truck. The compression and cam are both on the mild side and it makes a great daily driver.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Gas mileage is also poor due to a 12 inch lift, 38 inch tires and 5.13 gears and no overdrive. You have to look at all aspects of it.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
True, but it's not all that beastly. In a stock truck, or a more conservatively lifted truck, I bet the mileage would double.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
As far as daily drivers I wouldn't recomend anything over a 408, the larger you go the more severe the rod angles become giveing you piston slap and such, parts wear much faster. As long as you don't go crazy building it you'll be fine, freind of mine had a 347 supercharged daily driver, I had a 408 in my mustang daily driver but I built mine crazy and it sucked up some major fuel.

andym

Real men are fanatics
True, but it's not all that beastly. In a stock truck, or a more conservatively lifted truck, I bet the mileage would double.

To 8 MPG?

:D

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
That has me confused. I thought that a standard stroke, .030 over 302 was 306. I don't think thats a stroker.

As far as strokers being daily drivers, it depends how they are built. I have a 393 stroker in my truck. The compression and cam are both on the mild side and it makes a great daily driver.
393 are you getting the same mpg as a 460 would get or better? i'm really thinking about getting a stroker plus they have a awesome sound :)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Worse than a 460. Thats what I was trying to explain to Chris though. You really can't use my truck as a comparison. I have 12 inches of lift, run 38's with 5.13 gears and on top of that no overdrive. I run around 3300 rpm at 70 mph.
Right now I get around 8 mpg.

0805160002.jpg

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Thats about what I was getting with my 408 in a mustang with 4.10's and a 800cfm carb on top.. Ran a victor JR intake couldn't run OD on the highway needed to have the rpm's up all the time over 2300...(5spd)

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Wow I love that lcd cluster is that a Dakota dash?
Damn 3000 at 70 thats pretty rough I was thinking about keeping my 2.75 rear end and I'm looking in to installing a AOD and putting a Posi lock in the back.
Its not going to be for pulling or racing just hauling ass when I want it ;)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I don't know what it would do to the computer, or if you computer even cares about the factory gages. It wasn't hard to install and it comes with all the sending units.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts