Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

State Chapters

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
As Ford Truck Fanatics continues to enjoy the growth that we have experienced in recent months, Many of you have expressed an interest in STATE CHAPTERS.

We have heard your voices! We have decided it is a good and wise idea to move forward with this branch of our growing community, but to do it effectively, we need YOUR input.

If you are interested in the prospect of YOUR STATE having a chapter, there are some criteria that need to be met, first.

First of all, we need a minimum of 3 people within a state who express a desire to have a chapter via PM to Ryan (O'rattlecan) or myself (slmann). You don't have to be a current resident of that state, but you do need to commit to being an active participant.

Second. Of those three, at least ONE of you needs to be willing to step forward as the leader of the chapter. This leader would be responsible for accepting new members and overseeing his group. Along with this, Chapter leaders will be responsible for event coordination, get-togethers, etc. The Chapter leader will be responsible and accountable to the admins for the postings within his group, so this is not a job that can only be done once a week or so. If no one is willing to lead, we cannot begin the Chapter.

The same rules apply to these chapters as those that apply to the whole of Ford Truck Fanatics, and in turn, it is our desire for each of you to be more "at home" here, and to be more connected with other members in your area.

I hope you find this as a positive move for each and every member, and I want to remind you, that even though you may not have 3 members here from your state, this in no way precludes you from joining another state's chapter.

We look forward to hearing from each of you, and we welcome any ideas you have that might improve our family here at Ford Truck Fanatics!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Open for business. Good work, Scott.

Guys, this ins't an application thread. smilietease

Do the footwork, get yourself a good roster, and contact us via PM.

Ryan

Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
need to clarify this.

To avoid having a bunch of empty forums State Chapters are available upon request.

Before a chapter is started a pm needs to be sent to either Ryan (O'Rattlecan) or myself (slmann) with a list of the three members wishing to have the chapter started. One of those members must be willing to be the Chapter Leader.

Sorry for the confusion and hope that clarifies it for everyone. Any questions feel free to ask.

To kind of "Get the ball rolling" for all of you who have expressed an interest already, in the suggestions and site support forum ( the same as this one) I have listed you under your requested heading. Anyone else who wants to find other members in your area, you can post one there as well. We would like to keep this concise here. so that the announcement will be read easily by all.
Thank you for complying!
Tom

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I was actually wondering if chapter members are able to see the list in their User CP. I know I can but I don't know if that's a leader-only thing. If that's the case then I'd be glad to post the list YelloThumbUp

I just looked...there is a location in the CP where members can join one of the 4 current state chapters. Cool to know that is in there. :)

I do not see a list of who is in what chapter at this time. I was just asking for later when the chapters get larger. That way we (the members) would know who to contact if we were visiting an area or something.

It was just an idea. :suspicious:

smiliewhathesaidYeah... that way chris can't harass other chapter members in bulk...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
need to clarify this.

sent to either Ryan (O'Rattlecan) or myself (slmann) with a list of the three members wishing to have the chapter started. One of those members must be willing to be the Chapter Leader.

OK will do .I was having people PM you separately. I'll pm u

Members have the option for putting a state in their profiles. It should show up on the member list and at the top right of their posts, if they do.

Some people choose not to add that information for some reason.

EDIT: It is, in fact, not listed on the member list. I see the problem now even for those of us who have it in our profiles. Sorry.

Last edited:

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
sweet and after i went through every member 1 by1 the other night . after a second look , i did miss one or 2 of them . thanks scott , that helps alot.

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
This thread started the 21st and it is up to 6 chapters already (27th).

Pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Which no one did. :nono: :redface:

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid smiliegitrdone

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
It would be nice if the member list had the state listed for each user. Recruiting would be a lot easier.
I just went through All of them.

Only found 8 , Plus ones I already knew. Funny people that time to join then never post .

Greywolf

LOOK (and this was a downfall in FTE) you guys all do DRIVEWAY STUFF and local hotrodding in your own neighborhoods, don't you?

This is an idea resisted by (another place) because it meant driving and therefore blowing gas money to do things together.

I have always said that there were more ford trucks in ten blocks of my house than ever posted up in state forums. So to hell with them....

Start up small local clubs, and as more of them form they can be part of a bigger network.

FOOK trying to get states together! Get the guys that are down the street into it and go from there...

One neighborhood added to another becomes a county, a county or two is a region or area.

Why try to conquer everything when the FUN is all about guys doing nuts and bolts right where they are?

Couple of beers and a local speed shop, some trading....

HELL YEAH.

That was where hotrodding came from - why do it any different?

FORGET STATES for now. Think small and local.

I bet it works.

One after another we JAM!

Who the hell wants to blow gas money better spent on parts?

GROUND ZERO PHILOSOPHY

The best things begin with what we already have

We can still talk across state lines on the net.

I'm dead serious about that - it isn't about building some big network, it's about drawing a community we already have and are together. It isn't the big deals, it's the guy down the street from us. We can swap stuff....

Last edited:
Locals will come. For now we deal with the population we have, which is very far spaced out. Local groups already exist most everywhere, so there is not a NEED for them, usually, and why compete there? This is specifically a place where it's most beneficial for the ones who are far and wide spaced to congregate and enjoy.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i have a local forum that i visit for information for my city but there's not much truck information there. i like having that the states on here. gtg's are going to be a pita so long as gas stays as high as it is and for me as long as the majority of the population lives 6 to 8 hrs away. that's why i backed outta the nominations over yonder for leader, cldn't ever make a meet much less organize one. i think everyone knows the limitations, especially considering the # of active members there are in each state. i also feel very strongly that it will grow and as long as the guys here stay away from the nazi attitude *which they are doing a good job of* then the availability of state information will be a plus. i must say i'm guilty of recruiting in my city though so i see what you're saying wolfie... it's nice to have that down the street connection but i think it's good to have both.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts