Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Painted fuel tank

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
My long term paint scheme with the truck is to have it p[aint the old uhaul orange and white in a three tone with white or alum rims. I painted my fuel tank.

2004_0429Image0002.jpg

In my defense, it is the only shade of orange I could find. The orange is temporary. Honest.

Tyl

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
AHHH CHEVROLET ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

haha looks sharp. definitly stands out! BUT not as cool as grabber green ;)

tylstruck

Dog gone, if you guys only warned me before I sprayed it. Do you beleive me that the orange glows through the night?

It's a flurencent orange. Only orange shade color they had. I painted my gas cap white. The one pictured was taken off a blazer at the junkyard. Same outside dimention but the screw thread inside is no match.

Tyl

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i've heard people say you can actually get lower insurance if your vehicle is that schneider orange because it's more visible and that's why some companies use it. *shrug*

if it's the color you like then go for it but if it's temporary then why even waste money doing it? i found a chebby at a car show i went to back in april that was painted the silver i want and the guys who painted it happen to be from my old hometown and moved to the bigger city in the area too so if i EVER get around everything else that it needs to that part i'll prolly just go there and be lazy abt it.

I temporarily rattle canned my two front fenders and the top of my cab last year. It was to stop the surface rust (which it did).

I now have one of the fenders stripped and in the patching and welding stage. Epoxy primer is next.

It will take me forever to get done with just the parts that are rattle canned, but at least I stopped the surface rust for now.

That is why even temporary is good sometimes. :)

tylstruck

No worries, I don't take things too seriously. Never have, nor will I. I myself am guilty at laughing at myself at times. Enjoy your time is what I say.

Brian, you're home? Didn't make it to the MO show? If you haven't gone,, hopefully you enjoyed another one closer to home?

My insurance on the truck was quite cheap. I switched insurance for a lower rate and better coverage. ,My truck's running under my dad's clean driving record. He's thje primary driver.

Tyl

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
i can see that now that you point it out to me. i have a couple spots i should probably take care of but i would probably mess up more than i would fix it considering my paint knowledge is right about zilch right along with my truck money.

Hey.... I got a shot of his License plate! He sure is going orange!
TylPlate.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts