Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

L and L 351M to 460 Conversion

Has anyone swapped a 1977 351M with the 4 speed manual (4x4) to a 460? I bought the complete kit from L & L less the oil pan and pump. I have to bolt on the flywheel, pressure plate, and clutch to the 460. I'll drop the tranny and transfer case in the frame first, then drop the engine in. I have the new L&L engine mounts on the 460. I'll use the original engine towers. Then I'll mount the L&L fenderwell headers on. Once my cab in painted, I'll set that on the frame with my bodylift and see how well the inner fenders fit. I assume I'll have to cut them around the headers.

Is anyone familiar with this?

There is a great article on a web page called the "Project Bronco"

see the technical section

http://www.projectbronco.com/

It's called: installing a 429/460 the right way

I used the complete L+L kit when I did the 429 swap. You should not have to cut the inner fenderwells with a 3" body lift. Granted this is a leaf spring setup but the headers should clear fine.

jul22_0001.jpg

I had to rework the slots in the towers to get mine in. Didn't like the right side header much, crappy welds & it pointed down somewhat.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts