Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rare sight 1 pic

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I forgot my dad had taken this pic last sat morning on the way to the show. We went in the '79 with the '64 in tow via a towbar. Thje '64 is pretty much the rolling running chassis with empty primered cab with core support.

We stopped at a gas station on the hwy before turning north to the lake and event location. We stopped to get some ice for the freezer on the truck. My scooter is also on the truck and perhaps you'll see me pictured in the passenger seat.

Cruisejune2508017.jpg

My friend Scot once told me that it only happens once a year when you have the sun shining on you, the bike is running and humming good. It makes the expense of fuel, insurance and so on worth while. I reckon we experienced that that night while trucking the 25 km home at 8pm. The sun, weather other conditions was grand. Much like an Arizona sunset. We had all the windows down and vent windows open. Marvellous.....

Tyl

tylstruck

Yep my scooter is there. Dad has helped me with some projects on the trucks. I have scars oon my arms and calises on my hands to prove my commitment to the trucks.

Tyl

tylstruck

I'm contemplating to use one of those spray paint remover wipes on the '79. The previous owner spray painted the red and black paint scheme right over the U-haul white and orange.

When I bought the truck, there was overspray of paint on the windows, seals, grill, emblems and alll. I bought these wipes and some hair spray to remove the overspray.

Right where's the red is the white and the black is the orange underneath.

What do you think?

Tyl

Ty.....your scooter transport is better than mine dammit

tylstruck

Buck, I was parked beside a Hummer at a show (I hate Hummers), and the guy was beside himself that my bed is 15' long x 8' wide, and all on it was this small scooter on a one ton truck. I think the scooters are about 4' long x 2' wide?

Carl, I never knew you had a scooter also. Perhaps you can teach me to keep it upright and keep it between the ditches. (see "soar today" post in general conversations).

Tyl

tylstruck

Connie, you're probably the only person who likes the red and black scheme, well actually the second. The previous owner who painted it that way. I'm thinking of leaving the paint like that. Is another protective coat. I painted my gas tank today and helped dad with his boat trailer. Will take a pic tomorrow. I would want to paint the steel wheel rim white.

Many thanks, Cliff. It does serve other purposes you know...

Tyl

I like the red & Black, too....
That "Adventures in Moving" label on the box is a dead giveaway, tho!

Fellro

Staff member
I have no problem with the red and black, but I'm not sure you would be happy with it if you turned it back, not a great paint scheme either....

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I agree....

Red and black, while not what I'd chose to paint it, doesn't look to bad to me. The UHaul scheme, on the other hand...I'll leave to UHaul.

If I had that truck and wanted to do some painting on it, I'd probably just try to carry the black up to the top.

tylstruck

N-ha, no offense, but I can't understand the logic of all black vehicles. Look at my tires. Can't even see them or the rims.

Tyl

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I think it's a "logical" choice...at least as far as color choices can be logical.

I just don't like red and I'm too lazy to paint a whole truck unless it really needs it. Hence, paint it black. :)

Fellro

Staff member
A little highlight striping wouldn't hurt at all though, helps the transition look more natural as well...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts