Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Think I hurt my truck today

Driving to work today I had to press the peddle got it up to 95 to pass some a-hole didn't notice anything till my drive home. the knock sound louder and it feel ruffer at idle, like it's missing but runs down the road ok and no codes.
Any ideas will helpful thanks.:headbang:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Could be a number of things really, valve train, injector, where in CT you from? Bring it to my dealer I could plug it in to see what cylinder is the problem.

live in Ansonia but would have to take to brandford for warrtny work, after market warrtny. where you at

Last edited:
Well the drive to work today was better, to knocking was down normal and the idle seem ok will have to keep an eye on it.

Michigan
thats weird, is it chipped? I dont see one in your sig but... Maby you ran an injector dry or something. Weird tho hope it works out for you.

This may be a silly question, but how low were you on fuel? If it sloshed enough in the tank when you launched it, there may have been air bubbles that got caught in the pickup tube. Even a small amount takes a while to purge. and it would have a rougher idle, and cackle a bit more.

95bronk= I'm running SCT from Matt. fuel economy mode.
mrfixit= I got half a tank. I ran About B-10 bio-diesel.
Got 93K on the truck and no problem with the engine till now.
hope it nothing to bad. I see how run tonight going home.

UPDate Got the truck back from the dealer. They found nothing wrong, could not duplicate problem. EEC system test clear. Just have to keep an eye it.

Hi All just gaot back from SD had the EGR cooler go bad, Truck had lot of white smoke at start up but would go away after warm up. Took it to the dealer in Sturgis SD and they replaced the cooler under the 5yr/100K mile Emission Warranty Truck ran great all the way home.

Fantastic! Sturgis, eh.. Tony will be jealous. All those Hogs up there n all!

They also install a new degas bottle with the new level marking.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts