Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Removing bugs from front

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
I got me a problem. Roadkill bugs on the front bumper, grill hood etc... How can I easily remove the mess? I have rinsed and washed with some elbow power.

I'm done using my truck as an experiment. I tried a chrome protectant product called 'Eco-Sheen'. Looks like I jizzed over my door panels.

Tyl

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Lotta wax, soap and water for cleanup. When it's warm out, tough to get them all on the first try. Come fall, they'll all disappear in a routine wash.

jjlogue3

Kansas Chapter Leader
Kansas
I heard someone say once that a dryer sheet will do the trick. Just add a little watter to it and it will scrub them right off. I haven't tried this my self as I had forgotten about it untill now.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Goodness me, I won't wqant Tony to spit on my truck, or apply it on.

I think I heard of one of those Bounce fowards. Even heard about WD-40 works great on this.

I asked a former body worker and he used this product called "Bugg Off". Is a thick gel you wipe off. I went to Canadian Tire, looking for this. They din't have any but bought this 'Bug and Tar Remover' produced with or by Turtle Wax. You'd spray it on the surface, wait a bit and wipe. Reapply or elbow the surface.

I spent a few hrs doing the front. I know the truck appreciates looking its best.

Tyl

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
We use Bugg Off down here. During early summer, we have love bug infestations that you wouldn't believe. It's the only thing that works easy.

I could send up a jar of spit if you wanna give it a shot though. ;)

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I use Westley's Bleche white.....I use it on the front of the truck all my chrome the fronts of my mirrors and everything usually gets em all off after just a few minutes of soaking...though last weekend i used one of those oven mit scrubby things and it worked good with the westley's.....I also use it on my windshield...works wonders.....

I use (again) Dawn dishwashing soap, and even add a couple squirts to my cheap blue storebought windshield wash, lol

OOPS....awesome stuff. Bugs, bodies, other crap. Small amount goes a long way. Wash after use.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts