Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FT Valve covers

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Are the two valve covers on a fe engine the same bolt pattern. I have both off and can't tell which is for which side or does that matter?

One of the longer sides has a single bolt hole while the other side has two. I think the single goes to the intake manifold, whil;e the other two go toward the exhaust manifolds?

Tyl

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Last edited:

tylstruck

Many thanks for your comments. The reason I ask is my truck has the 330 HD engine in it./ I bought a 428 crankshaft, and 410 rods. I wou want to convert my little weak gas guzzler FT 330 engine into a FT 410. The 410 was a Mercury line engine and only produced as an FE engine. Ofcourse Mercury and Ford shared the same engines, and FE & FT engines are virtually he same. FT being medium and heavy duty truck engines. Parts are interchangeable betwee the two.

Anyhow, last winter I bought a pair of FE valve covers that have Mercury stamped on them in big block l;etters. (Thought it'd be awsome to have Mercury named valve covers on the engine when I rebuild it to a 410) Problem is,theses mercury covers have no PCV valve holes in them. I'd have to cut and weld a flat surface on them. I have another pair of 'Powered by Ford" with the holes that might just be easier to cut them out and weld them to the Mercury ones or find new Mercury valve covers with the holes.

Bill, figures my Mercury covers came off a '60s Mercury when they have no PCV holes in the valve covers.

Tyl

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I have what I beleive to be a true 410 laying out back with merc valvecovers on it. I'll check to see if mine have a pcv location. I have tons of FE stuff here, got me a set of 390 13:1 compression pistons just waiting to be used.

tylstruck

I might end up buying or trading the Mercury Valve Covers if you have any in good cond with the pcv holes.

Tyl

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts