Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Price?

Michigan
Well my dad wants to sell his truck. Diesel prices are killing him, and we dont pull much.

Most we pull is a 20 foot boat and pretty much any truck can handle that.

Well how much do you think its worth granted he sells it? Here is what it is...

2002 F-250 4x4 Crew cab SB, 7.3L powerstroke, Interior is in great condition. Has new brakes, front shocks, and a steering stabelizer Shock, and new 305 mastercraft MT tires, id say less than 3K on em.

Some aftermarket goodies include, built transmission by a reputable diesel performance shop, Tripple pod guages (Boost EGT and Trans), Straight piped exhaust, and a TS performance chip (stock, 50, 75, 100, 140, High Idle). The truck has around 140,000 miles, runs and drives like brand new.

Givin the price of trucks (especially diesel trucks) What do you think he could get for it. Body is ok has some paint missing around the rear fenders, and a cracked mirror from a rock (Almost killed me lol hahaah)

Michigan
100_2884.jpg

jhkhjk.jpg

Mike, the big problem is that the prices on trucks are tanking. I did the math on mine and decided to stand pat. I just calculate when and where I'm gonna drive the damn thing. My problem is I need a truck, not necessarily as nice as mine, but still a truck and I already have this one.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
dang i wish i could buy it i love those diesel trucks :(

id say 15 - 18 K ?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Biggest question- miles?

I'd do the math too. This just isn't the time to try to drop-kick one of those trucks. I mean, you can, but there'll be blood running in the streets, ya know?

Go to kbb.com, figure out "trade-in" value would be, and take that as a retail selling asking price. Ignore the retail prices- they're in la-la land right now. Figure a dealer is actually going to pay 5-6 grand below that. Maybe.:(

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well that price is going to depend on whether or not you're selling it to ME! :D For me? $2000. Anyone else? At least $13-14k :)

Michigan
thanks all. I DO NOT and i repeat I DO NOT want him to sell this truck. So ive been trying to talk him out of it for a long long time. But oil changes, the high prices and everything is killing him. And he hardly ever pulls anything. He found a 1996 F150 Eddie 4x4 extended cab, and he fell in love with it. It only has 35K original on it and he wants 8,900 for it. Its red and tan and my dad had a brand new 1995 green and tan and he loved that truck.

But his truck is such a freakin hot rod. It can pull anything without breaking a sweat, and its faster than some popular cars, and get diecent mileage.

But i can see how he would want the payment gone, plus the insurance is a bit more, saying he has full coverage, and the big truck.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
thanks all. I DO NOT and i repeat I DO NOT want him to sell this truck. So ive been trying to talk him out of it for a long long time. But oil changes, the high prices and everything is killing him. And he hardly ever pulls anything. He found a 1996 F150 Eddie 4x4 extended cab, and he fell in love with it. It only has 35K original on it and he wants 8,900 for it. Its red and tan and my dad had a brand new 1995 green and tan and he loved that truck.

But his truck is such a freakin hot rod. It can pull anything without breaking a sweat, and its faster than some popular cars, and get diecent mileage.

But i can see how he would want the payment gone, plus the insurance is a bit more, saying he has full coverage, and the big truck.

Holy crap- that thing got gold bumpers on it? Newsflash- the market hasn't been kind to the older stuff either. This isn't just a diesel issue- all the big stuff isn't bringing the dough it used to, and that includes a cherry older truck.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts