Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2004 f-150 5.4 3v from Stumpy69

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hey guys, I got a PM from Stumpy69 asking me a question. Not sure how or why he sent it to me, but I'm putting his question here for the guys that can answer. I ain't got a clue. Anyway:

stumpy69 said:
i changed a bettery in this truck today and now it wont idle on its onw,any ideas,i'm thinking the tps but i'm not sure
Truck is a 2004 F-150 5.4 3v

Anyone??

blacksnapon

Staff member
Many of these vehicles need to "relearn" idle strategies after power interruption (battery disconnect). Running it at 2000 rpms for a minute or two might fix it.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
if tat doesnt work chek the trottle body sensor of the butterfly not shure how its called.. we got ALLOT of these trucks with all kind of idle problems.. and they all turned out to be the trottle body sensor

Bruteforcerider

ASE master, Ford Senior Master, Diesel and hybrid
ohio
Even though they say not too clean t-body and unhook the battery for a few. Sludge buildup around the plate can cause this. Electronic throttle bodies function as the idle control.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
quick ? u didnt cross wires even for like a sec right..... or let a tool come across the poss and ground out but yeah i agree with relearning the perameters and check all the little wires that go into the big one right at the battery ends

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts