Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my truck wanted to run today! :)

I left here about 6:30 am heading to Springfield, MO. I was not paying attention twice in the 55 zones. I looked down and was running 70. OOPS! 'smiliedoh' 'smiliedoh'

Later the limit was 65, so I ran that. At one point around Springfield it was 70. I ran 75 just to see if it would. No problem at all. I was at about 3/4 throttle and the engine sounded fine. I am almost positive I could peg the speedometer (if I drove like that). It only registers 90. :headbang:

Basically I ran the same coming home. Well..I paid more attention in the slower 55 zones.

The new to me Michelin tires and the new shocks made a huge difference in the way it drives out.

The curves around here still give me a problem, but if I can ever get to a you-pull-it and get the Bronco II sway bars...that will solve that problem too.

On a side note: I had a great day with the club. I learned a lot. I was given a "February 57" parts manual for my truck (56) and the 57 year model. It also covers up to the F-600. I won't be bugging bill (BKW, Numberdummy) for little stuff. He assisted with my brake parts last week. Thanks again Bill.

The good news? Even with driving it hard today...I managed decent gas mileage.

Tell me if I figured this wrong. :( I filled up, drove 154 miles, filled up again with 9.114 gallons.

If I am doing the math right, that is 16.89 MPG even with those speeds driving a aerodynamic brick that is 52 years old.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Even better, glad to hear YOU were out and about and having a fun drive!!

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Sweet! Road trips are always good. I got my first ticket in the 48 last July doing 52 in a 35. (Country road in the middle of nowhere) Lady cop came up and asked, "Is this supposed to have a rear bumper?" Nope! and it didn't have turn signals or seatbelts either.......

You'd have thot that 50 years later they'd have figured out a way to get better mileage out of new trucks............

Ppl are always surprised to hear my flathead V8 gets 15-16 mpg ......

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts