Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This is Rediculious.......

Michigan
Well i posted about a knock my mom was having in her 2001 Ford tauras, and how she couldnt control it if she hit a bump. Well i found out it was the A arm bushing. Well at least i thought. As i went to unbolt the A arm from the subframe this happened..

Picture348.jpg

This "Opening" Is not suppose to be there, the bolt is maby a half inch diameter, and from here now idk what to think....

Im calling out on the ford master techs of this forum. I need to know if you all have ever encountered this? And what your fix was? To me the car is scrap now. But parents want me to save it. :headbang:

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Need better pic's unsure what im really looking at, but if it was my car i'd be getting a junkyard subframe for it, not hard to swap out.

Michigan
The recall seams to be for 1994. Funny how the NEVER corrected the stupid problem. I definatly dont feel like messing with that lower subframe. I was lookin under there and it seams id have to take the rear motor mounts off and lift that, along with the Rack and sway bar....

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
The recall seams to be for 1994. Funny how the NEVER corrected the stupid problem. I definatly dont feel like messing with that lower subframe. I was lookin under there and it seams id have to take the rear motor mounts off and lift that, along with the Rack and sway bar....

Pulling the subframe is easy, Just need a way to support the engine and trans, Unbolt the mount nuts and the rack, pop out lower ball joints few other things and your done... half hour or less...

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
I think the taurus had a recall for the a arms at one point, not sure which years though.

There was a recall for rear subframe nuts on the older models 95 and down, had to drill holes in the floor and change out the nuts. Don't think the newer ones had any subframe recalls... I'd have to look..

Michigan
Thanks for the info man. Im going to tackle it. Cant really afford 800 dollars in labor and a 250 dollar subframe, yet its almost not even worth it. Dont seam to bad but i just hope my air compresser can keep up with me lol. Il keep you all posted on some progress. I did get the new bushing in the a arm lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts